Faculty Program Director - Accounting/Finance**
7 Columbia Circle, Albany, NY 12203
Closing Date: 8/31/2018
Closing Date: 8/31/2018
Excelsior College (Albany, NY) seeks Faculty Program Director - Accounting/Finance within the School of Undergraduate Studies to provide leadership and oversight to all matters related to: program development/review and curricular and course development/review.
Reporting to the Associate Dean, this position is responsible for providing academic leadership in the management and development of school curricula, management and development of faculty, and facilitation of student learning and support for the undergraduate and graduate business programs. The faculty program director works within the School of Undergraduate Studies (SUS) to support the strategic plan of the College and is responsible for the academic quality and growth of the program.
- Provide leadership and oversight to all matters related to: program development/review; curricular and course development/review.
- Update program content and materials and/or delivery methods, based on emerging practice, changes in the discipline, instructional effectiveness data, current or future performance requirements, feasibility, and costs.
- Oversee development of new academic offerings such as programs/courses/vertical credentials.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on the development and assessment of program and course outcomes.
- Confer with members of educational committees and advisory groups to obtain knowledge of subject areas, and relate curriculum materials to specific subjects, individual student needs, occupational areas, and discipline knowledge.
- Recruit, retain, and evaluate faculty and subject matter experts.
- Mentor, train, and develop faculty.
- Determine course schedule and assign faculty for teaching assignments.
- Engage faculty in program and curriculum strategies and development initiatives.
- Work collaboratively to mediate and resolve faculty, curricular, and student issues.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information atjobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: