Instructor - Machine Tool Technology
The Machine Tool Technology Instructor is energetic, entrepreneurial, and experienced in machining, using both manual and CNC machines. He / she will provide lecture and laboratory instruction in the Associates of Applied Science and Certificate of Completion for Machine Tool Technology programs, and they will collaborate with machine tool and other tech faculty on curriculum development, programming, and maintenance of equipment. The Instructor will actively work with industry to ensure that students are prepared with appropriate machining skills and knowledge and will support collaborations with industry. The instructor will work closely with faculty in the Sheridan College program and with instructors working in concurrent enrollment programs. The instructor will be team-oriented with demonstrated skills to engage students in the machining discipline. They will be able to communicate effectively to promote excellence within the academic program. Gillette College instructors are expected to engage in learner-centered teaching methods, collaborate positively with colleagues, serve on institutional committees, and otherwise contribute to the collegial and good-humored environment of the campus. Weekend and/or evening teaching is expected.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Capable of teaching a variety of machine tooling related classes.
- Commitment to the community college mission and technical education.
- Effective communication
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to manage time and responsibilities
- Ability to engage students
- Disposition: Openness to new learning, new techniques in teaching and new industry trends
- Disposition: Readiness to respond to local industry needs
- Demonstrated knowledge and abilities in teaching manual and CNC machining, and SolidWorks and GibbsCAM.
- Familiarity with metallurgy and print reading
- Associate degree in Machine Tool Technology and industry experience required, higher degree preferred.
- Commitment to community college mission and technical education
- Proven experience in the industry
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Evenings and weekends as scheduled
- Classroom, shop and office settings
- Employer paid retirement plan (16.37% employer paid; .25% employee paid)
- Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
- Four days per year paid personal leave
- Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
- Employee and family tuition waivers
- Three free meals per week in modern campus dining facility
- Free easy-access parking
- Collaborative work environment
- Onsite fitness center and walking track
- Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
- Professional development
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked "America's Top Western Town" by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
NWCCD also includes a small campus site in Buffalo, WY.
APPLY ONLINE AT: https://jobs.sheridan.edu