Job Number: 79963
We are always striving to enhance our reputation as the best college athletics department in the country. Our teams have won an unparalleled 23 consecutive Learfield Directors' Cups as the best athletics department in the country and we are equally proud of our department-wide 98% graduation rate. We strive to make our department efficient, innovative and high performing. We hold our staff and coaches to the highest standards in order to continue to maintain our high levels of success.
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) supports the nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on the 36 intercollegiate athletic teams sponsored by the university. It also supports the campus physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Stanford's intercollegiate athletics department is seen as the premier athletic program in the country, achieving the highest levels of success both in the classroom and on the field. The core tenets of the Athletics Department culture, “The DAPER Way” are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage, and Work Cohesively. All department actions and employees are guided by these principles.
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Athletics Director of Facilities and Operations, the Director, Facilities provides direct oversight and administration of the day to day facility operations of the Ford Center, Burnham Pavilion and SLAC Rec Center related to maintenance, scheduling, custodial services, game day operations, risk management, supervision of part-time staff and enforcement of departmental operating guidelines and procedures.
Administrative and Programming
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in the field of recreation, or related field.
- Three years of related experience in recreation facilities management.
- Three years of full-time experience in recreational programming.
- Two years direct supervision of staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Analytical skills to analyze and track complex space, equipment and financial data.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills, mature judgment when interacting with a broad range of people, including faculty/vendors/stakeholders/program areas, both individually and in groups.
- Ability to coordinate daily activities including scheduling multiple projects with competing priorities, measuring quality assurance, monitoring of maintenance activities, and supervision of personnel.
- Knowledge of current risk management practices and emergency preparedness plans and their implementation in recreational facilities.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions and communicate those instructions.
- Working knowledge of applications such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high standard of customer service.
Certifications and Licenses
- CPR, AED and First Aid
- Valid California Non-commercial Class Driver's License
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford's intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for ensuring that his/her involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University's reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Location: Athletics, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.