Post Doctoral Research Fellow, Biostatistics Dept, School of Public Health, R116829 SEARCH EXTENDED
Category:: Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
Locations:: Amherst, MA
Posted:: Sep 07, '17
About University of Massachusetts Amherst:
The University of Massachusetts Amherst is one of the major public research universities in America. Nestled in idyllic Amherst, Massachusetts, the campus is consistently ranked among the top public research universities in the nation, and offers a rich cultural environment in a rural setting close to major urban centers.
The Biostatistics & Epidemiology Department in the School of Public Health and Health Sciences (SPHHS), is looking for a post-doctoral researcher performing software and theoretical work relating to cluster-randomized trials, stepped-wedge designs. Hands-on experience with a leading trial group, leadership role in a growing laboratory. The post-doc will join the Kleinman Research Lab in the Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, that currently includes 3 post-docs and graduate students. In addition:
- Develop and implement new statistical methodologies;
- Write theoretical and applied research papers that demonstrate the utility and application of these models;
- Attend weekly lab meetings, occasionally present research in progress reports;
- Supervise and collaborate with graduate students on their research.
- Doctoral degree received or expected in biostatistics or statistics with interests in randomized trials, clustered or otherwise
- Excellent R skills.
- Doctoral Degree must be earned by time of appointment.
The University of Massachusetts Amherst is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members.
Applicants should apply by the priority deadline of September 15, 2017 in order to ensure consideration and will remain open until filled. To apply provide letter of application, resume and contact information for three professional references.