Executive Assistant University Registrar
The Office of the Registrar is responsible for academic and classroom scheduling, student registration, enrollment verification, grading and academic records maintenance, transfer credit articulation, degree audits, monitoring undergraduate general education requirements, degree awarding, course evaluations, student data/statistical analysis, veterans benefits, FERPA compliance, and transcript services. These responsibilities, assignments and services are completed within institutional policies and standards as well as related state and federal laws and regulations.
The Executive Assistant provides confidential and administrative support to the University Registrar and the Office of the Registrar and is responsible for scheduling meetings and other activities, maintaining the department budget, managing all personnel records, assisting in the preparation of reports and other communications, supervising the Veterans Education Benefits operation, and managing the release of student records related to subpoenas, data sets, FERPA, and related duties. The Executive Assistant serves as a member of the management team. The Executive Assistant has a comprehensive knowledge of the UO and maintains strict confidentiality as this position has access to sensitive and confidential student and personnel issues. The Executive Assistant is expected to carry out duties with limited supervision and reports directly to the University Registrar. The Executive Assistant to the University Registrar is a full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month fixed term office of administration position. The position has a broad set of assignments and provides confidential assistance and administrative support to the University Registrar and other officers of administration in the Office of the Registrar. In addition, this position provides office coordination, human resource management support, facilities and operations support, supervision of two staff, and project coordination. The position supervises, hires, and trains employees engaged in general office activities (reception duties, payroll entry, invoice processing) and veterans education benefits. The Executive Assistant to the University Registrar must exhibit professionalism, collegiality in a team environment, and an ability to create a welcoming and professional atmosphere in a busy office environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or three years equivalent education and experience.
- Two years of experience in an office environment which includes providing support to an executive or general administrative support such as processing invoices, entering payroll, managing calendars, completing travel reimbursement, or similar functions.
- Experience as a supervisor or team lead.
- Strong technical skills, including experience with spreadsheets, data warehouse, document imaging.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and independently.
- Experience with student records and FERPA within the UO Banner system.
- Experience using FIS and HRIS within the UO Banner system.