Category:: [B5-Adjunct Faculty]
Department:: Communication Design (105)
Locations:: New York, NY
Posted:: Oct 3, 2013
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Faculty Adjunct
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology of the State University of New York, invites nominations and applications for Adjunct-Digital Designer Faculty position in the Communication Design Department.
The candidates will exhibit continuous ability to learn, evolve, and adapt to cutting edge technology trends in the professional practices and be able to successfully adapt such knowledge to develop courses and curricula.
- A Bachelor’s degree in advertising design, graphic design, digital design or related fields.
- A minimum of six (6) years of current, high-level industry experience.
- Experience in teaching college-level course highly preferred.
- Ability to teach technical computer courses as well as design studios.
- Award-winning design sensibility in motion graphics
- Advance understanding of current multimedia design concepts and workflow
- Exceptional expertise and mastery in After Effects, Premiere, and Flash
- Minimum of 6 years of professional experience with multimedia design
- Active participation in the advertising and/or graphic design industry with a willingness to share industry contacts and opportunities to help achieve department and College initiatives
Letter of Interest clearly indicating your qualifications for the position
CV/Resume with a minimum of three professional references with phone and email contact information
URL to a professional portfolio website