Associate Athletic Director for External Operations
Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 1,700 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.
Wittenberg is a NCAA Division III institution participating in the North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) and offers a broad-based intercollegiate athletics program with 23 varsity teams and numerous club and intramural opportunities. Annually, Wittenberg places among the top four in the North Coast Athletic Conference All-sports standings.
Wittenberg University is accepting applications for an Associate Athletic Director for External Operations. This is a full-time salaried position. The position will report to the Director of Athletics & Recreation and will assist in coordinating the external programming efforts of an NCAA Division III athletic program.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the athletic department's development, marketing, and promotion efforts in conjunction with the Office of Advancement and Sports Information. Create, implement, and evaluate a business plan that integrates annual giving, corporate-foundation giving, and revenue from athletic facility rentals to secure philanthropic support for athletics and university funding priorities.
- Increase revenue generation opportunities for Wittenberg's $50 million Health, Wellness, and Activity Center (HWA).
- Develop a business plan, metrics, and goals that integrate annual giving, corporate-foundation giving, and revenue from athletic facility rentals to meet departmental fundraising goals.
- Create a focused plan of revenue generation for athletic facilities (i.e. camps, clinics, rentals, fitness memberships, attracting high school, club, and youth athletic contests and tournaments, etc.).
- Grow campus and community outreach programming (i.e. alumni games, golf outings, Hall of Honor, Tiger Club events, camps, clinics, etc.).
- Coordinate donor experiences to support athletic competitions and engagement opportunities for the Director of Athletics and the coaching staff.
- Oversee the operations of Sports Information and collaborate with campus departments on the marketing and promotion of the athletic department.
- Provide service to the institution as assigned by the Director of Athletics & Recreation
- Adhere to NCAA, conference, departmental, and university policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
For this position we require that candidates have a bachelor's degree and 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience. Knowledge in Microsoft office, social media, and CRM systems is preferred.
Travel is required as well as some evening and weekend work throughout the year. Work in a variety of environments inside and outside and at different hours in various locations due to travel.
Candidates must have a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. Please see our notice of nondiscrimination housed on our website.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
We ask candidates to set-up an account and apply through our online system. As part of the application process, candidates will be asked to upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
2. Cover letter
3. Name, address, and phone number of three professional references.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at 937.327.7517.