AI-Assisted Care Software Engineer
AI-Assisted Care Software Engineer
Job Number: 79950
The Partnership in AI-Assisted Care (PAC) is an interdisciplinary collaboration between the School of Medicine and the Computer Science department focusing on cutting edge computer vision and machine learning technologies to solve some of healthcare's most important problems. PAC has partnerships both nationally and internationally with several research institutions, healthcare delivery systems, and provider groups to collect and analyze visual and clinical data. Working a diverse group of clinicians, computer vision scientists, engineers, and hospital administrators, the PAC program is designing and implementing solutions in healthcare operational environments to improve the delivery of care.
Stanford University is seeking an AI-Assisted Care Software Engineer to execute all programming tasks, including programming, analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, modifying, and maintaining computer programs. Work on systems of moderate size and complexity or segments of larger systems. The AI-Assisted Care Software Engineer will work extensively with physicians, clinical staff, and computer science resources, to design and develop the data infrastructure to support ongoing AI/ML research. The role will be responsible for ensuring application and data storage design are compliant with privacy and security partner requirements. Additionally, the role will manage the delivery of code and documentation of data infrastructure and notification applications.
- Conceptualize design, implement, and develop solutions for complex system/programs independently.
- Work with a variety of users to gain information, and develop intra-system trade offs between different users, as necessary; interact with a diverse client base and outside vendor contacts.
- Document system builds and application configurations; maintain and update documentation as needed.
- Provide technical analysis, design, development, conversion, and implementation work.
- Work as a project leader, as needed, for projects of moderate complexity.
- Serve as a technical resource for applications.
- Compare, evaluate, and implement new features and technologies, and integrate them into the computing environment.
- Follow team software development methodology.
- Mentor lower level software developers.
- Advanced knowledge in, Python, Java, and C++
- Experience in machine learning system design
- Experience with applications built with RGB, Thermal, and Depth Video Data
- Experience in Google Cloud technologies i.e. Google App Engine & GCP
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Expertise in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications.
- Proficiency with application design and data modeling.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Ability to lead activities on structured team development projects.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Knowledge of application domain.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand.
- Rarely use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- May work extended hours, evening and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job Series: Software Developer
Job Code: 4822
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.