Administrative Associate 2
Administrative Associate 2
Job Number: 79903
Administrative Associate 2 Job Code: 4102 Job Grade: E FTE: 100%, Non-exempt
School of Engineering, Institute of Computational and Mathematical Engineering
The Institute of Computational and Mathematical Engineering (ICME) is a hub at Stanford University for an increasingly critical multidisciplinary field that uses advanced mathematical and computing capabilities to understand and solve big, complex problems. There are over 50 affiliated faculty from 20+ departments across the university. Faculty and ICME graduate students are involved in groundbreaking research around computational mathematics, data science, machine learning, optimization, simulation and other related areas. ICME is a degree-granting program for MS and PhD students who apply their studies to a wide range of domains. There are MS degree tracks in Data Science, Computational Finance, Geoscience, and Imaging Sciences. ICME offered over 60 courses last year reaching 3,000 students, including undergraduates.
ICME seeks an Administrative Associate to provide administrative, operational and event support in service of our mission. You will perform a broad range of duties in a fast-paced environment, working on a talented team of staff who together support students, faculty, and a range of diverse clients. As a collaborator, problem-solver, and subject-matter expert, you will build a keen understanding of critical administrative functions that enable ICME to build a world-class learning environment and develop the next generation of talented scientists and engineers. Are you personable, proactive, and exude a high-level of customer service? Then this position may be the right fit for you!
Your responsibilities include:
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A high school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Proficiency in computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- An Associate or Bachelor's Degree.
- Event or conference support experience.
- MS Office, Outlook, and Box experience.
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision.
- Proactive communication skills.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why ICME is for You
ICME is a big little institute known for its collegial and friendly atmosphere. The ICME staff members form a coherent and strong team whose members are creative, dedicated and strongly supportive of each other. ICME values each staff member and his/her growth professionally
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
Location: School of Engineering, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.