Dean of the College of Business Administration
The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) seeks a dynamic and visionary leader for the College of Business Administration (COBA). The next Dean, who is expected to hold the Paul L. Foster and Alejandra de la Vega Foster Distinguished Chair in International Business, will have exceptional opportunities to promote access and excellence in education and research at UTEP, a university committed to serving a twenty-first century student demographic. The Dean will play a critical role in the University's strategic planning initiative, provide leadership and direction for the AACSB-accredited College to ensure the highest standards of quality in Business Administration education and research. Statistics about the College can be found here: https://cierpdata.utep.edu/UTEPFacts/Home.aspx.
Position Requirements: The College of Business Administration seeks an inspiring, intellectual, and entrepreneurial leader to set it on a dynamic course for the future. The new Dean will bring high academic standards and an outstanding record of research as well as strong management and leadership skills.
Minimum requirements are:
- Demonstrated qualifications for appointment as a tenured full professor in the College of Business Administration, and to the Paul L. Foster and Alejandra de la Vega Foster Distinguished Chair in International Business
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership and management that is indicative of innovative approaches and the ability to make clear, informed decisions
- A record that shows a meaningful commitment to, and demonstrated accomplishment in, issues associated with advancing diversity and inclusion
- Ability to work effectively with faculty across the College’s various departments and to demonstrate an understanding of the relationships among these fields
- Superior communication skills, political adeptness, and the capacity to represent the College effectively to local, national, and international constituencies
- Administrative experience as a dean, associate dean, department chair, or comparable position, including experience in strategic planning, policy development, budget oversight, effective leadership, supervision and management of faculty and staff personnel, and collegial collaboration as a member of an academic administrative team
- Capacity for supporting faculty development in teaching, research, scholarship, and service
- Administrative experience working with and supporting faculty, staff, students and programs that are diverse in terms of race, ethnicity, language, gender, sexual orientation, and physical ability
- Capacity for implementing initiatives to facilitate student success, ensure learning outcomes are met, and narrow achievement gaps
Application Instructions: Candidates must submit a letter of interest, a CV, and a list of five professional references. No references will be contacted without prior notification to the candidate. Applications will be reviewed beginning in October, 2018, and will be accepted until the position is filled. Individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Application queries or nominations should be sent to:
Dr. Robert A. Kirken
Search Committee Chair
To view the full position announcement and to apply, please visit http://utep.edu/employment
The University of Texas at El Paso is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity in employment or the provision of services.