PT Technical Assistant - Seelig Theater
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the part-time position of Technical Assistant – Seelig Theater. Incumbent provides technical assistance to the presentation and delivery of campus theater productions, campus events such as meetings, conferences, student engagement activities, lectures, classes, as well as facility-rental events by external groups, including performances, governmental meetings, movie screenings and more, and assists in coordinating the upkeep and maintenance of the Seelig Theater. This position reports to the Dean of Community Outreach. Evening and weekend hours are required. This is a part-time position.
- Associate’s degree in related field, OR at least three (3) years of related experience in the operation of theater equipment and the upkeep and maintenance of a theater facility.
- Demonstrated experience in operating theater lighting and sound systems (i.e. ETC Ion or equivalent, Mackie soundboard or equivalent, ETC dimmers or equivalent, QVC amplifiers or equivalent), live-stream satellite equipment, and multimedia cross-platform computer hardware and software, with the ability to troubleshoot both hardware and software problems. Soldering and drafting experience, and ETCP Electrician and/or Proscenium Rigging certification highly desirable.
- The ability to evaluate and recommend equipment and software for purchase and work with vendors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with students, staff, faculty, administrators, and parents, and to interact with the community and guests in the theater.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Environment: Office, theater, and stage environment; exposure to noise, dust and electrical energy; work with machinery; work at heights on scaffolding and ladders.
- Physical: Sufficient physical ability to work in an office setting and operate office equipment; work with and around equipment and machinery; perform physically demanding technical duties; walk, stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; ability and willingness to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.; bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, for full consideration we strongly encourage candidates to submit all required materials for an immediate review date. The hiring range for this position is $20 to $23 per hour. Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment opportunity. E-mail your cover letter, resume and the name, address and telephone number of (3) professional references to:
For more information, please visit our website at:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College