Senior Programs Alumnae Manager
Note: This job announcement has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive invent
of all duties and responsibilities required or assigned to an employee in this position
Senior Programs Alumnae Manager
To plan develop and execute alumnae programs, events and services. Responsible for managing the Alumnae On-line Community (Spelman Lane) and other social network initiatives (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.), New Student Orientation, History and Traditions, Homecoming, and Alumnae Awards and Recognition (50 under 50) programs. Assist in the implementation of Founders Day, Reunion, Sister2Sister Alumnae-Students Mentoring and Connections, Alumnae Global Travel, Spelman Most Valuable Partners Volunteer Program and other College initiatives involving the presence and participation of alumnae. Stays abreast of the interest and trends in alumnae and organizational planning as well as those specific to Spelman’s young alumnae (graduated 10 years or less) community. Assist in the coordination of on-campus events for the National Alumnae Association of Spelman College and various alumnae groups. Develops and evaluates alumnae programs within the context of the Strategic Plan of the College.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as Team Lead for the Alumnae Online Community (SpelmanLane.org) and all alumnae on-line activity (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) by working collaboratively with the Communications Team and utilizing iModules to develop online solutions that meet the needs of our constituents and increase alumnae engagement with the College.
- Serve as primary online administrator and content manager for SpelmanLane.org to write, edit and approve site content. Spearhead new tools and development based on user feedback and departmental needs.
- Work collaboratively with the Communications team to develop, implement and update online user policies for SpelmanLane that are aligned with the College's primary Website (Spelman.edu).
- Serve as Team Lead for New Student Orientation, History and Traditions, Homecoming, and Alumnae Achievement Awards by developing project and budget plans, coordinating logistical planning and staffing of major events, special events and various educational and outreach activities.
- Plan and implement marketing strategies for program enhancement and increased participation from current students and young (graduated 10 years or less) alumnae. Research and analyze alumnae data and program evaluations to determine effective segmentation concepts and techniques.
- Coordinate the design and creation of program literature and supporting materials, including newsletters, invitations and programs for print.
- Responsible for the documentation and recognition of alumnae academic, community, personal (births, marriages) and professional achievements, Book Notes, Take Notes, In Memoriam for the Spelman Messenger and Office of Alumnae Engagement card distribution.
- Serve as supervisor to General College student workers to ensure that their daily assignments are integrated into the office workflow and support the Alumnae On-line Community (SpelmanLane) and all alumnae on-line activity (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Serve as Advisor to the UNCF Pre- Alumnae Council (PAC) to provide guidance in program development and campus visibility.
- Some travel required for training, conferences and to fostering relationships with alumnae.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree required with at least three (3) years related experience and/or training in working with alumnae/i relations, special events, public relations, program development, or volunteer management required. Must be creative and a motivated self-starter. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret reports and publications. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints. Should possess good interpersonal and organizational skills. Must be able to manage multiple priorities, and establish and work within appropriate deadlines. Must be detail oriented and be able to work under pressure. Must be able to exercise mature judgment in carrying out the responsibilities of the job. Professional demeanor with the ability to interface with internal and external customers with diplomacy and tact is essential. An ability to interact effectively with persons of various ages and experiences including handling difficult situations. Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Must have the ability to perform intermediate level computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite which includes the preparing of things such as mail merges, flyers, spreadsheets, creating forms, using formulas, etc. Familiarity with desktop publishing programs and techniques is a plus.
This position has indirect accountability for an Operating Budget of approximately $75,000 – $100,000
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have a valid driver’s license.
Spelman College is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Title IX Employer and we participate in E-Verify. SPELMAN COLLEGE IS A SMOKE-FREE CAMPUS