Building Coordinator - University Libraries (001049)
The University of Denver Libraries, comprised of the Main Library at the Anderson Academic Commons, a remote storage facility called the Hampden Center, and the Bonfils Stanton Music Library in the Newman Center, is a highly collaborative organization that serves a diverse population, ranging from our students, staff, and faculty to public and other academic patrons from the surrounding region. The Anderson Academic Commons is the campus centerpiece for collaborative teaching, learning, and engagement. The University of Denver Libraries are central to discovery and creative interaction among students and faculty, and provide collections, services, personnel, and systems that support the teaching and research programs of the University. The institution is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment.
Reporting to the Director of Library Facilities & Operations, this position will provide support for the daily operations of the facilities activities under the Division of the University Libraries. This individual will be responsible for the day to day facilities activities of the Anderson Academic Commons, and will serve as a liaison conveying the needs of the building with internal and external University partners along with managing various aspects of event coordination. This position will be required to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to coordinate the associated activities.
The work environment is an academic library with cyclical periods of increased workloads. The Library is highly automated with attention paid to ergonomics and safety. The division functions collaboratively and cooperatively in a team-based organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Prior office experience with strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
- Experience functioning within a team, working on multiple projects simultaneously, and meeting deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of 25Live or event management software.
- Experience with statistics and data tracking.
- Experience in social media development, marketing, and strategic communications.
- Ability to organize and efficiently manipulate data in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to create professional-quality presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Ability in social media development, marketing, and strategic communications.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by August 15, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.