Student Enrollment Specialist
Student Enrollment Specialist
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Department: Corporate & Professional Education (2100)
Position Status: Administrative Exempt Positions
WPI is a leading provider of graduate education. WPI's Corporate and Professional Education (CPE) team specializes in the learning needs of working professionals and is committed to helping working professionals achieve their educational goals. Students can opt for the traditional classroom setting, participate in a cohort at an onsite corporation location, or select our innovative online delivery platform. These options enable working professionals to incorporate WPI's acclaimed graduate education programs into their busy lives.
The Student Enrollment Specialist is responsible for recruiting and vetting part-time graduate students into WPI corporate programs and identifying the best path forward for the students' success.
• Work directly with prospective graduate students to explore WPI program options and collaboratively determine the best path forward.
• Responsible for recruiting and vetting new students into graduate programs. Emphasis will be on finding new student leads and converting into graduate students.
• Responsible for developing and implementing measurable strategies/tactics for student enrollment.
• Work within a team of Sales, Marketing, Development, and Operations to effectively build and execute a plan for the successful achievement of team metrics in graduate corporate programs.
• Proactively promote educational solutions to achieve team revenue goals by growing/retaining existing accounts and supporting the development of new accounts.
• Actively review account activities in pursuit of new students and utilize active listening skills to identify up-selling opportunities.
• Work collaboratively with Marketing to coordinate communication promoting existing cohorts and future opportunities.
• Work closely with the WPI CPE team to efficiently and effectively transition new accounts.
• Special projects and other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Two years + experience working in a customer driven environment, solution selling a plus.
• Comfortable talking with not only prospective students but any member of a corporate client.
• Strong persuasive skills and presentation skills with the ability to positively influence and motivate others.
• A dynamic, outgoing personality.
• Strong customer service orientation, creativity, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to identify and articulate opportunities to achieve team metric goals and identify onboarding process improvements.
• Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills.
• Strong multi-tasking, organizational, business, and functional skills and knowledge.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Experience in selling educational solutions and/or enrollment management preferred.
• Microsoft Office products and computer skills required, as well as familiarity with Salesforce or similar customer relationship management system.
• Ability to work evening hours and travel beyond New England required, possible overnights.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to lift up to 45lbs.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Posting Date: 07/24/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: https://careers.wpi.edu/postings/5994