Operations Manager, Bucknell Center for Sustainability & the Environment
The Bucknell Center for Sustainability & the Environment (BCSE) is accepting applications for an Operations Manager. This role will serve as a consistent liaison for BCSE with other operational offices on campus and provide leadership for a centralized BCSE communications plan, budgeting/accounting, and key Center affairs/activities. This is a full-time, exempt, benefits eligible position that reports to the BCSE Faculty Director.
• Provide administrative and project management support and coordination of ongoing strategic planning activities, including but not limited to organizing, planning workshops/meetings, preparing planning documents, tracking implementation.
• Provide centralized administration of the Center's cost center, including initiative budgets, capital budget, gift funds, and grant funds. Prepare all budget requests and reports.
• Manage the Center's communications activities, including but not limited to maintaining / updating the Center's website and blogs, managing the Center's email list, and producing / updating Center printed material. Takes a lead role in developing communications content and design.
• Coordinate grant administration, including developing, writing and processing a grant through the university's internal review process, submission of grant reports, budget maintenance, and related activities.
• Work with Center staff, other administrative units within the University, and external constituencies to plan, carry out, and evaluate BCSE programs/events.
• Provide administrative support for student work and research conducted through the Center.
• Maintain existing and foster new relationships with a network of faculty, staff, and students on campus and with external partners off campus to develop relationships, promote awareness, and identify opportunities to partner or collaborate.
• With the Faculty Director, provide administrative support and direction to the Center's annual assessment and reporting.
• Oversee coordination of internal and external outreach activities including but not limited to university admissions events, alumni events, prospective student visits, and tours of facilities.
• Assist the Faculty Director with oversight of the Office Assistant and other part-time positions.
• Oversee the Center operations in the absence of the Faculty Director.
• Support and demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
• Consider sustainability (environmental, social, economic, cultural impacts) in decision-making.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree and 4 years of directly related employment experience
• Significant experience with data management, budget management, and event planning and organizational management.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and experience
• Experience with managing communications, including preparing communication materials, website design, and development of a cohesive communications plan.
• Proficiency with modern computer software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office suite, file management, web-based blogs, etc.).
• Demonstrated interest in sustainability and environmental issues and perspectives.
• Demonstrated ability to foster and build relationship with internal and external constituencies.
• Master's degree
• Experience in academic center or program administration.
• Prior supervisory experience
• Experience with Workday
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell's 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.Bucknell's beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University's main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania's state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell's surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.