Short-Term Worker - Library Pool
Location: Chaffey College Campuses (Rancho, Fontana, Chino)
Start Date: To be determined
Hourly Rate: To be determined
Working Hours: Hours will vary
- Provides check-out assistance to students.
- Enforces college policies in Library/Cybrary locations.
- Types, edits, and formats a variety of instructional and administrative materials; composes correspondence from general instructions.
- Assists in the preparation of various administrative and district forms.
- Uses a variety of office equipment including computer, document imager, calculator, and copy machines.
- Sorts and distributes mail; answers phones; greets visitors.
- Assists in the data entry.
- Maintains files.
- Distributes materials to students.
- Refers students to campus resources.
- Answers the Library/Cybrary phone.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, administrators, faculty, students, and others contacted in the course of performing assigned duties.
- Ability to use initiative and judgment in working independently while recognizing matters that should be referred to supervisor.
- Knowledge of generally accepted office practices, procedures, and equipment; knowledge of basic arithmetic; and proper English usage, grammar, vocabulary, and spelling.
- Proficient working knowledge of various software packages including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Application must be filled out completely and in detail using the Chaffey College Online Application website. Please do not include any additional documents other than an optional resume.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Human Resources, (909) 652-6528 or (909) 652-6525.