Finance Career Advisor, Career Services
The Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver is one of the top 1% of business schools in the country. Career Services in the Daniels College of Business provides the services and tools students need to realize their career goals and its staff work with Reiman School of Finance faculty and staff to support the teaching and development of both undergraduate and graduate students in Finance and Applied Quantitative Finance programs.
The Finance Career Advisor in Career Services is critical to the educational experience of Finance and other students at The Daniels College of Business. The Finance Career Advisor advises students and helps them to identify and pursue internships, prepare for interviews, advance their professional development including management opportunities and build successful business networks. Additionally, the Finance Career Advisor will administer the Finance internship program and reach out to local, national and international companies focusing in Latin America to create internships and job opportunities for Daniels students. This outreach effort supports the DU strategic plan, DU Impact 2025, which includes a strategic directive to expand the university's reach into the Latin American market.
This position may require occasional regional travel.
- Meet with undergraduate and graduate students to provide guidance on their career development and feedback on the job search such as resume reviews, mock interview, etc.
- Review and approve internship credit requests, determine number of credits, register students in courses, monitor assessments and provide pass/fail instructions to the instructor of record within grading timelines.
- Work with local, national and international banks and financial institutions to secure internship, job and partnership opportunities for students and the college.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to develop, grow, and manage relationships within the Financial Industry.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Banking and Financial Institutions.
- Experience with mentorship of Finance Professionals.
- Track record of success in identifying and implementing business relationships within the Banking Industry in Latin America.
- Financial analysis skills and experience in data-driven decision making.
- Excellent communicator with strong public speaking skills who can articulate complex ideas to a range of audiences.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Excellent management and mentorship skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships, collaborate effectively with others and establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels; ability to influence colleagues pan-University irrespective of reporting lines
- Proven ability to prioritize work and effectively manage multiple assignments concurrently in a fast-paced environment while maintaining adherence to deadlines and budgets
- Effective computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Commitment to supporting Daniels College of Business and the University of Denver's principles and values of character, scholarship, culture, and service, and the University's strong student-centered vision and mission
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
- Master's degree in Business or related fields.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in Banking and/or Financial Institutions.
- Three to Five (3-5) years of experience in International Banking and Financial Institutions specifically in Latin America.
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Evenings and weekends as needed
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
The following documents are required for full consideration, please submit the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.