Part-Time Executive Assistant- Financial Affairs
The Office of Business and Financial Affairs at the University of Denver is led by the Vice Chancellor (VC) of Business and Financial Affairs (BFA) who reports directly to the Chancellor of the University. The BFA Office is responsible for overseeing the financial management, business operations and construction of the University.
This Executive Assistant provides executive-level administrative support to the Vice Chancellor of Business and Financial Affairs and plays a crucial role in maintaining the efficiency and effectiveness of the Vice Chancellor's office. S/he must be an effective, professional and diplomatic liaison from the Vice Chancellor to a variety of audiences including University leadership, staff, trustees, alumni and other constituents (internal and external). The Executive Assistant is responsible for managing the Vice Chancellor's calendar, telephone messages, travel arrangements, general correspondence and special projects as assigned in a fast-paced work environment. S/he will also prepare documents and reports for meetings/presentations as needed. The Executive Assistant may also be asked occasionally to assist the Vice Chancellor's leadership team with specific projects as deemed appropriate. This may include document preparation, meeting/event coordination and assisting with general BFA needs as necessary. This employee must be able to multi-task and prioritize many competing deadlines and timelines. Confidentiality and attention to detail and accuracy is essential to success in this position. The individual in this position must demonstrate a commitment to the principles of Inclusive Excellence.
The position is part-time M-F, approximately 10a -3p
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform, and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders; including staff, executive and senior leadership, and external partners and donors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving, with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be a forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to effectively engage individuals from broadly diverse communities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and Word.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of office management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in providing administrative support at the executive level
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in Higher Education
- Part-time, M-F approximately 10:00am - 3:00p,
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) August 7, 2018
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.