SHORELINE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
16101 Greenwood Ave N
Shoreline, WA 98133
Date of First Consideration: August 13th, 2018
Salary Range: $54,000 to $61,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience
TO APPLY: please visit www.shoreline.edu/hr for full job announcement and application steps. We accept submissions made only through Shoreline Community College’s HR website.
The Office of Student Learning & Success encompasses the entire educational experience at the College. Employees in this division provide leadership and coordination for all areas related to instruction and student support. The Office ensures clear communication about the student learning experience, program offerings, and assessment as well as consistent implementation of policies and procedures pertinent to students and faculty.
Within the Office of Student Learning & Success, the Office of Institutional Assessment and Data Management (IADM) plays a key role in supporting data-informed decision making and student success at the College. Under the supervision of the Director of Research and Grants, the Research Analyst will conduct ongoing institutional research and provide timely, accurate, and useful analysis of institutional data. The Research Analyst will also play an essential role in designing and maintaining dynamic reports of key performance indicators (i.e., data dashboards). In addition, the Research Analyst will assist with coordination of reporting institutional data to state-wide and national data systems, as well as management of data collection at the College.
Shoreline Community College is dedicated to inclusive excellence in teaching and learning, student success, and community engagement. Shoreline serves the educational, workforce, and cultural needs of our diverse students and communities through the core themes of educational attainment and student success, program excellence, community engagement, access and diversity, and College stewardship. Shoreline Community College is a place of open inquiry and learning, with a campus that models ideals set out in our Community Standard*. We are committed to upholding a culture of free expression, as well as maintaining a supportive and respectful learning and working environment for all.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Conducts complex database queries for extraction and analysis of institutional data using SQL, MS Access, or similar querying tools
- Creates and maintains dynamic and accessible data reports related to key indicators (e.g., data dashboards using Tableau and SQL Server Reporting Services)
- Designs and conducts institutional research studies based on College priorities
- Supports ongoing data reporting needs for grant-funded projects and grant proposals
- Provides ongoing enrollment information to College constituents
- Provides in-depth analysis and reporting of institutional and survey data related to student satisfaction, student learning, and student success
- Accesses and incorporates data from external sources, such as the National Student Clearinghouse, Washington state Employment Security Department, and the Washington state Mutual Research Transcript Exchange (MRTE)
- Assists with data collection and analysis for accreditation reports
- Conducts required data reporting to state and national agencies (e.g., IPEDS)
- Supports operations such as room scheduling, Class Schedule Design System, quarterly class scheduling, and Master Course Outlines as needed
- Provides support and training across the College to ensure accuracy of data collection and coding for students, courses, and programs
- Supports the Director of Research and Grants with other projects as assigned
More searches like this
- Engineering & Mathematics Other Institutional & Business Affairs Jobs jobs in Non-Profit Organizations & Associations
- Statistics Other Institutional & Business Affairs Jobs jobs in Non-Profit Organizations & Associations
- Professional Fields Other Institutional & Business Affairs Jobs jobs in Non-Profit Organizations & Associations
- Business & Management Other Institutional & Business Affairs Jobs jobs in Non-Profit Organizations & Associations
- Science & Technology Other Institutional & Business Affairs Jobs jobs in Non-Profit Organizations & Associations