Florida’s newest state university is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as Adjunct Professor for face-to-face, part-time instruction in the following courses:
- Computer Engineering: Digital Logic Design, Embedded System Design, Machine Intelligence
- Electrical Engineering: Control Systems, Digital & Hybrid Systems, Electrodynamics, Magnetics, Semiconductors
- Mechanical & Industrial Engineering: Solid Mechanics, Thermal Sciences, Fluid Mechanics, and related topics in Mechanical Engineering
- Advanced Technology: Big Data Analytics, Cloud Virtualization, Health Informatics
- Computer Science & Information Technology: Cyber Gaming, Information Assurance & Cyber Security
- Science & Technology Management: Logistics, Materials & Supply Chain
- General Education
Florida Polytechnic University is a new state University that opened for classes in 2014-15, and strives to have a major higher education presence within Florida and beyond. The University was created by the Florida Legislature as a STEM-focused four-year public university, with a range of innovative undergraduate and graduate programs. Dedicated to preparing students for the competitive high-tech workforce, Florida Polytechnic University takes a hands-on, problem-solving approach to academics and partners with industry leaders to provide relevant learning opportunities. With an innovative approach to higher education, the University emphasizes core subjects in small class sizes, while giving students opportunities for hands-on education through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations.
The successful candidate must have a strong commitment to innovative delivery of instruction and career objectives consistent with the University’s STEM mission. Successful job candidates will apply current teaching methods and/or technology to instructions and contribute to the General Education Program goals and the University’s Mission. The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of professionalism and commitment to students, and work collaboratively with faculty, staff and administration by assisting with program evaluation and accreditation tasks.
Florida Polytechnic University’s ultra-modern campus is located in Lakeland, along the I-4 high-tech corridor, halfway between Tampa and Orlando. Our central Florida community combines small town comfort with big-city culture. Florida’s High Tech Corridor is home to 11,000 high-tech businesses, and Polk County alone has more than 600,000 residents, four universities and one state college. Lakeland is just a 45-minute drive from Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, professional sports teams, and thriving performing art centers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and skills relevant to face-to-face course development and delivery.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Teaching and industry experience preferred.
- At least a master’s degree with 18 credit hours in teaching discipline from an accredited institution.
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: The salary will be commensurate with years of experience.