Project Technical Coordinator
Job Category: Academic Professional Academic Professional
Description: University of Illinois System
Academic Programs and Services
Project Technical Coordinator
The System Office seeks a Project Technical Coordinator to work closely with the Project Grant Director and the Project Coordinator. The Project Technical Coordinator will provide technical and functional support to participating institutions and the University of Illinois in implementing Transferology as a part of the statewide project. In addition, the Project Technical Coordinator serves as a resource to the University of Illinois for guidance on information technology and in performing tasks requiring IT skills. The Technical Coordinator serves the technical needs of various other programs and initiatives of the UAPS department, primarily in the areas of Web development and database management. Additional responsibilities include:
1. Assist institutions in implementing and maintaining Transferology systems. This activity includes: share technical expertise and information related to setting up and maintaining Transferology (e.g., interfaces, XML, etc. and degree audit systems among participating Illinois institutions); guide institutions in investigating, procuring necessary resources (e.g., interface software), and implementing the Course Equivalency files and degree audit interfaces; when necessary, travel to site to assist staff in implementing the system.
2. Participate with the Coordinator in preparation and submission of requests for funding. With the Coordinator, evaluate requests for supplemental funding to determine technical feasibility of proposed projects. With the Coordinator, contribute to the annual evaluation of grant outcomes compared to proposed objectives.
3. Gather user statistics.
4. Attend CollegeSource-sponsored workshops/Annual Users' Conference.
5. Serve as liaison between the Illinois project team and CollegeSource technical staff.
6. Conduct training workshops and presentations in conjunction with Coordinator, as appropriate.
7. Work with Coordinator to develop marketing techniques for the project.
8. Monitor statewide implementation using feedback from implementation/advisory team meetings, correspondence, and telephone calls.
9. Work with Illinois Board of Higher Education and Illinois Articulation Initiative to update websites related to transfer.
10. Prepare the annual Statewide Transfer report.
11. Develop and maintain websites and web-based applications for the University of Illinois.
12. Develop and maintain database tables for the University of Illinois.
13. Develop and manage other Information Technology needs for University Academic Programs and Services at the University of Illinois.
14. Other duties appropriate for a Technical Coordinator.
15. Other duties appropriate for UAPS.
Master's degree; technical and functional understanding of higher education degree audit systems; working knowledge of Microsoft Access and Crystal Reports; and Basic video and audio file editing experience preferred.
This is a full-time, 12-month Academic Professional position. For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit a letter of application, resume, and names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references by August 4, 2018 at https://uajobs.hr.uillinois.edu/.
The University of Illinois conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
System Human Resource Services
The University of Illinois is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity and diversity. The System Offices welcome applications from women, underrepresented minorities, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual minority groups and other candidates who will lead and contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.
Close Date: 08/04/2018