VET TECH - ORTHOSRVS COORD
JOB NO.: 105427-US
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: VET M/SA III/SA-ORTHO
Categories: Animal Care, Veterinary Medicine
Employment Class: University Staff-Ongoing
Position Vacancy ID: 105427
Working Title: Vet Tech - OrthoSrvs Coord
Official Title: VETERINARY TECH 2(35302)
Hiring Department: A878820-SCHOOL OF VET MEDICINE/SA III/SA-ORTHO
Term: This is an Ongoing appointment
This is an objective level position providing specialized support to the daily operations of the Small Animal Orthopaedic Service. Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational and decision-making abilities, knowledge of specialized services provided by Orthopaedics and other clinical services, and an understanding of UWVC referral policies and procedures. Requires the ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds independently and manual dexterity to perform specialized tasks. This position works closely with the Orthopaedic faculty on a daily basis and under limited supervision by the Orthopaedic Technician Supervisor. Duties include, but are not limited to:
1) Scheduling and coordinating recheck appointments, referral appointments, urgent cases, and referral emergencies for the Orthopaedic service, via direct phone contact with clients and referring veterinarians, and communication with the UWVC referral coordinator and appointment staff.
2) Acting as a Orthopaedic liaison to the front desk and other services, and coordinating appropriate ancillary services (anesthesia, radiology) for each appointment as needed.
3) Oversight of the daily Orthopaedic receiving schedule to assure that scheduled cases are seen promptly.
4) Review of estimates with clients, collection of deposits, collection of balances, and charge capture for the service. Keep a daily census of hospitalized Orthopaedic patients and apprising clients of updates to their estimates.
5) Providing assistance to faculty and house officers with clinically related research.
6) Improving outreach efforts of the Orthopaedic service, to include brochures and maintenance of the web site.
7) Assures that high quality nursing care is provided for all patients being seen by the Orthopaedic service.
8) Performs duties under limited supervision. This may include working flexible, on-call hours and variable shifts.
9) Assisting the STS department as needed.
Certification as Wisconsin Veterinary Technician or Eligibility to Obtain
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(May include working flexible schedules, on-call hours and variable shifts)
Instructions to applicants:
Please click "Apply Now" to start the application process. You will be required to submit a cover letter and resume highlighting your qualifications and experience as it relates to this position. You will also be asked to provide contact information for three references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Probationary Period will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Jul 5 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Jul 19 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time