Events Services Coordinator
Commensurate with Experience
The Events Services Coordinator will assist with the implementation and coordination of details for special events and conferences associated with the College of Humanities Arts and Social Sciences (CHASS). The Events Services Coordinator will communicate directly with both internal and external clients to identify their needs for an event and participate with management in any necessary negotiations for their contract. The coordinator will coordinate performance calendars with the UCR Police Dept, Campus Fire Marshal, and Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S). The coordinator provides training for front of house staff, including emergency evacuations. This position will work with minimal supervision and take initiative to organize and prioritize a heavy and diverse workload to meet stringent deadlines. The position holder has direct supervisory responsibilities over the performance of student staff.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles and practices of event planning and public relations, including event design, organization and production.
Highly developed interpersonal communication skills including political acumen and social perceptiveness. Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with diverse populations with competing priorities.
Proven ability to work on several tasks simultaneously. Skill at responding effectively to priorities and setting deadlines.
Highly developed judgment, decision-making and problem recognition/avoidance/resolution skills, including skill in determining those issues/problems that need to be brought to management's attention.
Experience maintaining a high standard of productivity within a broad scope of responsibility despite frequent interruptions. Ability to complete large volume of diverse tasks efficiently, meeting established deadlines.
Ability to give clear directives and use independent, rational judgment to make optimal decisions.
Ability to effectively work with invited guests, donors, government officials and university VIPs.
Knowledge and skill to set and monitor work standards and protocols.
Knowledge of crowd management, crowd safety protocols, security and emergency procedures related to small, medium and large scale gatherings.
Demonstrated organizational and project management skills to work successfully with clients to produce high quality events that meet client needs and appropriately represent the campus; that is, for fundraising events, skills to provide excellent donor stewardship.
Skill in effectively meeting budget and time constraints.
Knowledge of principles and practices of volunteer recruitment, supervision, motivation and evaluation.
Special Event/Catering/Conferencing experience in an institute of higher education. Demonstrated experience in University Policies and Procedures, as well as University financial systems. Experience with room reservation and event management software.
Thorough knowledge of the campus, its vision, mission, programs, policies, achievements and infrastructure. Knowledge of University policies and procedures relating to the use of University facilities; event management and presentation.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview