Contracts and Grant Manager
8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
The College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences is one of the two largest colleges on the UCR campus, with 20 academic departments, numerous programs and administrative units, and five formal research centers. The Dean's Office Contracts and Grants (C&G) Unit provides pre-award Contract and Grant support to any College faculty and/or graduate student seeking assistance. Under the general direction of the Assistant Dean/CFAO, the Contracts and Grants Manager leads the Contracts and Grants Unit by reviewing budget allocations for policy exceptions, creates and maintains chart of accounts or other data management tools. The manager leads the organization, planning, establishment and monitoring of fiscal budget control of contracts and grants administration, submissions, and budgets. The Contracts and Grants Manager provides guidance and counsel on a wide variety of highly complex research administration matters to principal investigators, senior departmental administrators, and departmental staff.
Ability to perform highly complex financial analysis and customized reporting.
Demonstrated advanced knowledge of generally accepted accounting, fiscal and reporting principles.
Ability to manage high volume and complex transactions.
Maintains knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply sponsor, institutional and departmental policies. Knowledge of current compliance regulations in all areas of research administration.
Full knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation, Code of Federal Regulations, sponsor-specific policies, intellectual property policy, conflict of interest requirements, publication rights, application of indirect cost rates and other complex concepts in research administration.
Extensive knowledge of program administration guidelines of Federal and non-Federal sponsors supporting research and educational activities, preferably in a university environment.
Demonstrated advanced competence in the use of spreadsheet and database software in financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Experience with all types of award mechanisms, including grants, contracts, subcontracts, cooperative agreements.
Ability to maintain independent judgment; strong organization and communication skills; and a customer service focus across broad and diverse subject areas .
Advanced ability to create and train grant writing and other communication skills in a variety of styles to ensure securing grant funding required.
Advances knowledge of effective grant funding processes, procedure and techniques.
Ability to interpret policy for others.
Advanced knowledge of applicable compliance requirements related to use of human or animal subjects in research, financial conflict of interest, biosafety, etc.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview