POSTDOCTORAL SCHOLAR POSITION FUSION SIMULATION
Open July 20th, 2018 through December 31st, 2018
If you apply to this recruitment by December 31st, 2018, you will have until January 5th, 2019 to complete your application.
The University of California, Irvine (UCI) invites applications for a Postdoctoral Researcher position in integrated fusion simulation beginning in September 2018. The fusion simulation group at UCI is led by Professor Zhihong Lin, who directs the Center for Integrated Simulation of Energetic Particles (ISEP), part of US Department of Energy (DOE) Scientific Discovery through Advanced Computing (SciDAC) initiative. The successful candidates will develop advanced simulations on the world's fastest supercomputers to study energetic particle confinement and turbulent transport in fusion experiments including tokamak, stellarator, and field reversed configuration. See http://phoenix.ps.uci.edu/zlin/ for additional information.
The successful applicant(s) will have a Ph.D. degree in plasma physics or fusion energy science; salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, statement of research interests, a list of publications, and three names for letters of recommendation to be submitted via UC Irvine's online application system, RECRUIT, located at http://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04826.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement. (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now