Assistant Director of Diversity and Campus Engagement
Transylvania University seeks an individual to support student success and advance Transylvania University in the areas of inclusion and campus programming. The position will shape the work, programs, and goals to assist in achieving the vision of Project One, Transylvania’s signature inclusion initiative. In addition to diversity and inclusion programming, this position will serve as the primary advisor to the Student Activities Board and will supervise VISTA Education Outreach staff members. The Assistant Director will further advance student leadership and the multicultural competence of students, faculty, and staff at Transylvania University. The Assistance Director is responsible for maintaining ongoing support, and advisement, to students in order to garner the highest level of positive community impact for campus and beyond.
- Mentoring and advising for registered student organizations
- Serve as a role model to underrepresented students in partnership with faculty and administrations
- Partner to provide Safe Zone Training for faculty and administrations
- Supervise VISTA Education Outreach Staff Member
- Implement programs and events that develop awareness of cultural heritage celebrations
- Develop and engage students in activities that develop cultural competence and essential skills for navigating the campus
- Advise Student Activity Board at Transylvania University
- Implement diversity training for faculty, staff, and students
- Support faculty and staff in providing resources
- Support for after-hours campus events as needed
- Represent the Office of Campus and Community Engagement on University-wide committees
- Other duties assigned
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor's degree, or preferred Master's Degree in Student Personnel, Higher Education, or relevant field; and at least one year of professional experience in a college/university setting; at least one-year experience in multicultural affairs, community engagement, program and leadership development. Candidates must also possess knowledge of issues related to experience in supporting and ease in building relationships with students/non-students from marginalized populations, including historically underrepresented racial and ethnic groups; and a basic understanding of website and social media. Please apply by August 3, 2018; however, resumes will be accepted until interviews begin. Submit resume and cover letter online by following the staff job openings link at www.transy.edu/jobs. Please write your cover letter to the attention of Amy Castle, Assistant Director of Human Resources.
Transylvania University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of the university community. In support of this goal, we seek qualified candidates with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We embrace diversity and encourage all who are interested to apply.