Business Operations Analyst
8AM - 5PM
$36,600 - $72,200
The SOM Financial and Business Services Unit provides centralized business services to the School of Medicine which includes the Education, Research and Clinical enterprise. The Business Operations Analyst provides a variety of entry level duties to the School of Medicine and assists in resolving financial related transactions in accounts payable, purchasing, recharge billing, travel/entertainment, and procurement. The incumbent is an important member of the Business Operations team where teamwork is an essential part of the workplace success. Additionally, the Business Operations Analyst will demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions for business service matters.
Ability to function effectively as a member of a team.
Interpersonal skills, service orientation, active listening, critical thinking, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, effective verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills.
Basic knowledge of financial data management and reporting systems.
Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet and database software.
Basic knowledge of financial or accounting concepts, processes and procedures.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Basic knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview