Extension Program Coordinator - University Extension - Collinsville, IL (99983)
Extension Program Coordinator - University of Illinois Extension
Units 22 & 26 Cluster - Collinsville, IL (Madison County - Unit 22)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
This civil service employee will support the implementation of the University of Illinois Extension Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Education (SNAP-Ed) program directed by specified academic professional staff. The Program Coordinator is responsible for providing program support for conducting community needs assessments, coordinating and maintaining community collaborations for program implementation, and assisting in the delivery of nutrition messaging campaigns and programs as outlined in the SNAP-Ed program for Madison and St. Clair Counties in Unit 22.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Under the direction of academic staff, conduct community needs assessments and implement appropriate intervention strategies for facilitating community and systems change as outlined in the SNAP-Ed plan.
• In conjunction with unit SNAP Ed staff, implement marketing plans for recruiting and promoting the SNAP-Ed program to eligible participants and community based agencies.
• Deliver nutrition education messaging campaigns as outlined in the SNAP Ed plan.
• Assist with compiling of necessary records/documents to summarize SNAP Ed impact within unit SNAP Ed networks and target areas.
• Work as part of the Unit 22 team to identify critical priority audiences and target areas to be addressed through the program.
• In conjunction with unit SNAP- Ed staff, coordinate direct education program delivery that meets objectives laid out in unit program action plan.
• As needed, disseminate educational information to eligible target populations as outlined in the SNAP Ed program plan.
• Complete and submit activity, contact, and other require documentation for program delivery and fiscal reimbursement in a timely manner.
• Participate in local, regional and statewide professional development opportunities and staff meetings, some of which will require overnight/multiple days.
• Comply with all University of Illinois Extension and USDA policies and procedures in programs and employment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
1. High school graduation or GED
2. Any one or any combination that equals four (4) years/ 48 months of responsible volunteer or professional work experience in coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities
A. Volunteer/Work experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities
B. College coursework in any field of study
• 60 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
• 90 semester hours equals three (3) years (36 months)
• 120 semester hours or more equals four (4) years (48 months)
For more information about this classification:
This Extension Program Coordinator position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible civil service position. The work schedule is to be determined (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $16.85 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for EXT-EXT PROG COORD- COLLINSVILLE (MADISON). Please include all relevant work/volunteer experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities. This information should be included in the Experience portion of the application. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: University Extension
Title: Extension Program Coordinator - University Extension - Collinsville, IL (99983)
Open Date: 07/19/2018
Close Date: 08/07/2018
Organization Name: Unit 22