The Department of Neurology is looking for an individual with computer programming / software design skills to assist with the execution of research relating to developing Neuroimaging biomarkers for Alzheimer's disease. The primary imaging modality will be magnetic resonance images. Th environment is a computer lab with several Mac OS workstations. The job has several interesting aspects, which include the following: 1) Performing structural analysis of Magnetic resonance Images of the brain 2) developing software for novel types of analysis 3) Maintain and update existing algorithms for Fractal Analysis. 4) Assist with preparing figures for publication and manuscript generation. As the lab is new and small, the applicant will need to have the ability to work both independently and cooperatively with the PI.
Research Building 3
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sitting for long periods, walking between buildings, carrying objects, occasional lifting of objects up to 50lb.
8:00am - 5:00pm
XCode, MatLAB, Unix, Excel
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred. Research experience is preferred, but not required.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter