The HOPE Center for College, Community, and Justice will launch in September 2018 in the College of Education at Temple University. It will be a translational research center focused on rethinking and restructuring higher education and social policies, practices, and resources to create opportunities for all students to complete college degrees.
Reporting to the Director, Research Application and Dissemination, the Digital Designer will be the lead on multiple design projects, including new WordPress websites, infographics and other visual projects. The Digital Designer also will produce the design, layout and formatting for reports, briefs, toolkits, newsletters, event fliers, and slide presentation. The Designer will be expected to contribute to the writing and general maintenance required for the websites and will be the custodian of the user experience for the digital properties of the HOPE Center. Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates invited for an interview must be prepared to share a portfolio of impressive work.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years directly related experience including extensive work creating desktop and mobile Wordpress based websites (or Associates degree and 5 years' experience) as evidenced by an impressive portfolio. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Required Skills & Abilities: * Full knowledge of and proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, MS Publisher
* Proficiency in CSS and HTML
* A diverse portfolio that exhibits excellent use of typography, color, imagery, and graphic elements and includes examples of infographics and Wordpress websites.
* Strong, clean visual design sense and ability to visually communicate project goals and objectives.
* Excellent writing and communication skills.
* Ability to take creative feedback, execute, and iterate quickly and efficiently.
* Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively and collaboratively work as part of a cross-functional team.
* Knowledge of digital and print design best practices and ability to bring knowledge of cutting-edge/fresh design techniques, approaches and ideas to each project.
* Demonstrated commitment to the goals and values of the HOPE Centers' mission to address the challenges that inhibit college attainment among vulnerable populations is desired. Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless
of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law. Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact. To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: http://www.temple.edu/safety/asfr/ You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.