Seasonal Part Time - Middle College High School Textbook Technician
Perform a variety of duties in support of procurement, receipt, distribution, inventory, and return of college textbooks for Middle College High School (MCHS) students (fall and spring semesters); including shipping/receiving, storage and related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees within this class perform a full range of duties as assigned and receive instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise, and the operating procedures and policies of the work unit. This position involves meeting critical deadlines and coordinating the loan and return of books during high peak periods each semester.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general direction from an assigned supervisor.
Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the purchase or rental of online textbooks from vendors and used book wholesalers.
- Contact publishers and vendors regarding book orders; researches and resolves order problems.
- Perform periodic textbook inventories; returns by the end of each semester.
- Ensure all rental books are returned to the appropriate vendors in adherence with return policies.
- Accepts delivered merchandise and reconciles orders.
- Utilize MCHS textbook management computer system in accordance with established policies.
- Maintain complete and accurate shipping and receiving records in the inventory management system.
- Ensure accuracy of all outgoing online orders; maintain tracking information.
- Maintain the college book room in a neat and orderly manner.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Computer purchase and inventory management systems
- Online vendors for the purchase, rental, and return of college textbooks
- Basic mathematical calculations
- Principles and practices of inventory control
- Postal and shipping requirements and regulations
- Principles and practices of filing and record keeping
- Coordinate receipt and return of college textbooks and materials
- Maintain a detailed and accurate inventory of department materials
- Deal effectively with textbook vendors and MCHS students and staff
- Order materials in a timely manner to meet established deadlines
- Operate hand truck; textbook cart as needed
- Perform a variety of shipping and receiving functions
- Perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ensure adherence to vendor established policies and regulations
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Problem solve and think critically
- Sensitivity to and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds and disabilities of community college students and staff.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Completion of twelfth grade or the equivalent.
One year of experience in purchasing, shipping/receiving, inventory, distribution systems, or other business related operations.