Business Coordinator II - Graduate School of Social Work
The Business Coordinator II is a member of the GSSW Business Team and supports HR and Employee Relations activities of the Graduate School of Social Work. This includes working with the Manager of Business Operations on all employment actions related to benefitted and non-benefitted staff and faculty at GSSW. This position is additionally responsible for coordination of onboarding activities for new employees and providing search coordination for staff positions. The Business Coordinator works with supervisors and GSSW Communications staff to keep the community informed of staff changes, as well as with the Staff Chair to support positive community interactions and staff retention. This position may be cross trained to support other business office functions related to general office and financial management.
- Coordinate and complete all transactions related to employment actions (PAR/JCR) including posting of positions, creating new positions, and changing existing positions. Assist in coordinating search activities as needed.
- Coordinate the high volume quarterly hire and contract process for all GSSW adjunct faculty, including preparation of data, contract creation, background checks, hiring, contract completion and archiving. Conduct quarterly audits of adjunct hires to ensure accuracy. Communicate with new adjuncts regarding start up activities.
- Provide exemplary customer service to GSSW faculty, staff, and students needing administrative support from the business office, including inquiries for fund balance, assistance with purchasing and reimbursement inquiries, purchasing card check out, assistance with hiring processes, etc.
- Coordinate the on-boarding process for new employees. This includes working with the supervisors and a variety of other staff to ensure that space, technology and other needs are met in advance of the start date, ensuring introductions and training/orientation schedules are in place, and otherwise acting as a resource to help new employees feel welcome.
- Coordinate the annual hiring process for all GSSW work study positions. This includes assisting faculty and staff with creation of new positions, ensuring compliance to a GSSW standard, providing information on supervisor expectations and hiring work study students once identified.
- Provide information and training to staff and supervisors regarding the annual review cycle and monitor participation to ensure that all employees and supervisors complete reviews in advance of the merit process.
- Other duties as assigned: This may include providing reception support such as mail distribution.
- Supervisory Duties: This position may supervise student and temporary staff.
- High School diploma
- Two years of progressive administrative experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in a higher education setting
Submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) July 30, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.