Les Mills Group Fitness Instructor, Department of Campus Recreation (Part-Time)
Welcome to Wake Forest University's Staff Career Site! To make sure your application is complete, please do the following:
- Ensure you have all necessary documents available when starting the process. Once initiated, the application cannot be saved.
- Prior to submitting your application, make sure your candidate profile is current as it will transfer to your application.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Recruiting team via email at AskHR@wfu.edu or by calling 336-758-4700.
Job Description Summary
Instructs or coaches groups or individuals in exercise activities. Demonstrates techniques and form, observes participants, and explains to them corrective measures necessary for safety and improvement.
- Leads energizing, fun, safe, and educational group classes.
- Creates a welcoming class environment for all fitness levels and encourages and motivates class members.
- Answers questions from participants to support them in achieving their healthy living and wellness goals.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps others connect with one another and to the Wake Forest community.
- Keeps accurate class attendance records.
- Maintains the group fitness equipment and fitness studios.
- Attends required trainings, workshops and staff meetings.
- Participates in master classes and in-house trainings; supports campus initiatives.
- Follows policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Possess or willing to obtain a current certification of relevant class; once received must maintain currency to remain as active staff.
- Possess current or obtain First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
- Completion of hands on training designed to supplement the knowledge and skills obtained via certification.
- Attends and participates in in-house training for skill enhancement/development and team building.
- Willing to seek additional training or certifications as needed to enhance leadership and instruction.
- Ability to work flexible hours as schedules are subject to change throughout the year, driven by the nature of the business (i.e. summer and academic year breaks, early mornings, evenings, and weekends).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to organize workflow and coordinate activities.
- Ability to maintain effective customer relations.
- Physical Requirements: light to medium work; standing, walking, talking, hearing, and close visual acuity. Subject to inside environmental conditions. Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to lead others and create an inclusive welcoming environment.
- Energetic and outgoing personality.
Additional Job Description
Time Type Requirement
Part time Note to Applicant:
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.