Academics Program Coordinator
Academics Program Coordinator
The Division of Enrollment Management supports core elements of the Mason strategic plan related to enrollment and new student enrollment strategy, retention and graduation. The George Mason University is looking for someone to provide support for structured international student enrollment programs and partnership development through the Office of International Enrollment Partnerships (IEP). IEP identifies new potential university partners, creates structured enrollment programs, executes new agreements, and maintains existing partnerships to increase the enrollment of international students at George Mason University. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Program Coordinator of Academics is a key member of the International Enrollment Partnerships Team. S/he is instrumental in:
- Facilitating enrollment programs with current and potential international partners;
- Maintaining positive partner relationships;
- Providing high level support to the Program Manager to develop, implement and maintain the academic components of structured enrollment partnerships;
- Managing the collaboration between Mason academic departments and the faculty/administration of the international partners for the creation and overall success of these programs; and
- Collaborating with the Office of Admissions to manage the course evaluation/ credit articulation process for structured enrollment programs.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Willingness to travel abroad;
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills with ethnically and culturally diverse populations;
- Excellent oral and written English language skills;
- Knowledge of international education systems and course articulation agreements;
- Ability to organize and implement programs;
- Experience with international partnerships including agreements;
- Availability for evening and weekend work;
- Knowledge of a second language, Chinese or Korean strongly preferred; and
- Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Master's degree;
- A working knowledge of Banner and/or Salesforce; and
- At least five years of substantial demonstrated professional experience working in admissions, higher or international education administration, or a related field with international stakeholders.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02643z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.