Digital Media Specialist- Coordinated Science Laboratory ( A1800456 )
Digital Media Specialist
Coordinated Science Laboratory
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Coordinated Science Laboratory in the College of Engineering seeks applicants for a Digital Media Specialist. The Digital Media Specialist works with the Director of Communications in producing rich and inspiring content that drives engagement among our vast audience of alumni, donors, and friends, as well as providing input on strategy development. This position is located on the Urbana-Champaign campus.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for working strategically across multiple digital media platforms including social, video, websites, electronic signage, and email in support of priorities, including image building, government and corporate relations, alumni engagement, fundraising, and more.
- Use digital media and storytelling techniques to drive home key messages and deliver outcomes in support of lab priorities.
- Serve as team lead for video projects, working with campus resources and other team members to execute.
- Creatively engage key audiences to enhance our engagement efforts via social media.
- Contribute to and enhance email-marketing efforts.
- Assist with development of content for the Coordinated Science Laboratory (CSL) and institute websites.
- Develop new and interesting ways to use digital platforms.
- Use metrics to measure the impact of our digital media efforts, make recommendations based on that data, and experiment to ensure maximum impact.
- Work within the CSL and College of Engineering brand and messaging framework.
- Move quickly and flexibly, work on projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and use good judgment to manage complex situations.
- Stay informed on current communications and marketing trends and new technology.
- Assume additional appropriate related duties to further the mission of the laboratory.
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in film, graphic design, communication, marketing, advertising, or a related field.
- 1 year of marketing experience working with at least one type of marketing media (web, email, social, etc.).
- Experience with digital storytelling.
- Experience with digital design and/or video production.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
Preferred Experience and Knowledge:
- Familiarity with content management systems.
- Experience with data analysis and market research.
To receive full consideration, applications must be received by August 14, 2018. Interviews may be conducted before the closing date, although no hiring decisions will be made until after the search has closed. This position is fulltime, benefits-eligible academic professional positions appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your (a) cover letter, (b) resume, and (c) the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references by the close date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be given full consideration . For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Amy Gilbert at [email protected] or 217-244-1802.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Title: Digital Media Specialist- Coordinated Science Laboratory ( A1800456 )
Open Date: 07/17/2018
Close Date: 08/14/2018
Organization Name: Coordinated Science Lab