Coordinator, Development 494873
Coordinator, Development 494873
Position Type: Staff
Position Number: 494873
Department: Development Dept
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Purpose and Scope:
The Development Coordinator is responsible for managing multiple donor stewardship, donor relations, and external relations program and activities for Lamar University. Responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating all aspects of these distinct programs. Major responsibilities include planning all activities and actions required for these programs and working with relevant individuals and offices across Lamar University and outside of the campus as needed. Working with very limited supervision, the Coordinator will ensure that all aspects of the programs are implemented and managed. Duties can include: external communications, record maintenance, budget management, task management, meeting coordination, and database and enterprise solution management.
Duties to Include:
1. Women and Philanthropy - work closely with program manager to coordinate events, work with Lamar University departments to manage marketing and event logistics, work with Advancement Services department to manage Lamar University relational database activity to maintain relevant membership and mailing lists, prepare and manage electronic and paper invitations and responses, all other duties required to successfully implement and manage this program.
2. Scholarship letters - coordinate with the Lamar University Scholarships office to manage donor/student communications including annual acknowledgement letters, including accuracy or content and formatting. Manage annual donor correspondence for endowed scholarships, including status letter and scholarship dinner invitations. Work with Events department to ensure proper communications for annual event.
3. President's Circle - work with Advancement Services department to manage Lamar University relational database activity to maintain relevant membership and mailing lists, work with Development and Advancement Services staff to track membership and prospective members. Work with Marketing and Events department on annual President's Circle events.
4. Legacy Society - coordinate with Development staff to plan and execute all aspects of annual recognition events, work with Advancement Services department to manage Lamar University relational database activity to maintain relevant membership and mailing lists, work with Development and Advancement Services staff to track membership and prospective members.
5. Planned Giving Advisory Council — coordinate with Development staff to plan and execute all aspects of annual meetings and periodic communications.
6. Serves as backup to the Executive Associate
7. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
A skilled university alumni/external relations professional or a candidate with strong transferable skills from a similar field. Candidate should have a minimum of two years experience in education, public affairs, or closely related area. A self-starter who can work independently as well as being an effective member of the University Advancement team. Candidate should be able to work effectively with external constituents, administrators, staff, and volunteers. Experience in managing complex programs involving large numbers of volunteers, donors, and guests. Proven ability to deal well with diverse and distinct constituent groups. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to travel and to work nights and weekends.
Bachelor’s degree plus three years experience in development, client relations, or related fields. Five years of relevant experience can substitute for degree.
Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Posting Date: 07/13/2018
Close Date: 7/27/2018
Open Until Filled: No
To apply, visit https://jobs.lamar.edu/.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.