CONTINUING DENTAL EDUCATION PROGRAM MANAGER
Duties: This position directs all program planning, financial and administration efforts for the Continuing Dental Education department for the School of Dental Medicine. This individual will work closely with the Associate Dean of Global Affairs and Continuing Education, CE Advisory Committee and department chairs to ensure successful program outcomes.
* Prepares and oversees all programmatic planning and implementation
* Manages compliance efforts with all related licensure and continuing education requirements
* Directs marketing and public relations for each conference and program (print, mail and online formats)
* Developing and implementing systems to improve business processes (i.e., stand alone registration and payment system, survey tools)
* Directs the department's operating budget with the Associate Dean of Global Affairs and Continuing Education.
* Develops and manage budgets for each course/conference with Department Chairs.
* Develops and manages budgets as required by entities providing commercial support of courses/conferences.
* Oversees course/conference payment systems.
COURSE/CONFERENCE MANAGEMENT AND LOGISTICS
* Directs and coordinate all facets of assigned courses and conferences which includes but is not limited to: publicity (print, mail and online formats), venue selection, accommodations, catering, staffing as required, registration and payments, exhibitor/sponsorship, conference program and giveaways, audio visual requirements for dental presentations, transportation and social events.
* Coordinates guest speaker travel, accommodations and paperwork required to comply with University Policies and procedures as well as ADA CERP criteria. Process expenses and honoraria.
* Develops with the department of Development and Alumni Relations and Director of Communications all event-related publicity on the website, in Penn Dental Medicine Journal, e-news and alumni news.
* Manages course/conference documentation processes to ensure compliance with ADA CERP criteria including but not limited to: needs assessment of professional needs and interests, educational objectives, evaluation/assessment of course content, instructor effectiveness and administration, ensure educational material and instructors are independent of commercial interest, ensure commercial support is compliant with ADA CERP standards, standards of other governing bodies if offering multiple types of continuing education credits (i.e., continuing medical education credits) and University Policy.
* Directs all program compliance and records management efforts to ensure alignment with State Board of Dentistry licensing and continuing education requirements where Penn Dental Medicine offers continuing education.
* Maintains ADA CERP recognition status with the American Dental Association every four years.
* Develops with Associate Dean of Global Affairs and Continuing Education, CE Advisory Committee and department chairs all program content ensuring alignment with Penn Dental Medicine's mission and goals for Continuing Dental Education.
* Established CE assessment protocols
* Directs program evaluation efforts
Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree and 3 years to 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Experience carrying out duties when faced with interruptions, distractions and a fluctuating workload. Ability to use tact, diplomacy and maintain a high level of confidentiality. Technical skills to learn and use enterprise systems and departmental tools. Experience using standard office equipment such as copier, fax and calculator. Clear and understandable speech to disseminate information and forward messages in a thorough and appropriate manner. Excellent interpersonal skills with diverse groups and individuals at all organizational levels, both inside and outside of the University. Excellent problem solving skills. Strong commitment to teamwork. Service-oriented, with ability to maintain a pleasant and helpful attitude. Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
Reference Number: 51-29384
Salary Grade: 026
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Preventive and Restorative Sciences
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration