ASSOC DIRECTOR, WHARTON COMMUNICATION PROGRAM
Duties: The primary goals of Wharton's Communication Program ('WHCP') are to help MBA, Executive MBA ('WEMBA'), Undergraduate and PhD students become more effective communicators. In addition, the Communication Program offers help to Wharton faculty who want to improve their teaching.
The Associate Director of the Wharton Communication Program works closely with the Director and other Associate Directors to support the Program's mission. Specific responsibilities include:
* Serve as course head for at least one Management Communication course that MBA students must complete as a graduation requirement; e.g., Advanced Persuasion: Prospective Entrepreneurs. Responsible for updating curriculum and implementing course content consistently and fairly across course sections.
* Support the Program's initiatives re: entrepreneurial communication, including organizing events; bringing local alumni, entrepreneurs and investors to campus to evaluate students' start-up business pitches
* Teach management communication courses to undergraduates, MBAs, and Executive MBAs.
* Manage online aspects of our Program's teaching mission: e.g., SRS, Penn in Touch, Instruction Center, Classroom scheduling, and possibly new technical requirements to enhance the classroom and online learning opportunities for students.
* Support for other programs throughout the School in which WHCP is involved; e.g., Graduate Division committee membership, coaching PhD students for their research presentations & academic job talks, and coaching faculty who want to improve their teaching
Qualifications: A Master's degree and 5 to 7 years of experience required or equivalent combination of education and business experience. Strong preference for business experience. Strong oral and written communication skills required. Preference for candidates who taught, and have coached others to teach at the graduate school level. Strong interpersonal skills with a proven track record of working successfully and collegially in a fast-paced work environment.
Reference Number: 07-29362
Salary Grade: 028
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Wharton Communications Unit
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration