Duties: Reporting to the Vice Provost & Director of Libraries Office, the Administrative Coordinator provides a broad range of professional administrative functions in support of the Vice Provost and members of the executive team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing calendars; scheduling meetings; organizing travel; preparing travel reimbursements; maintaining the office; recording, preparing and distributing meeting minutes; drafting and editing letters and other documents; answering email, phones and greeting visitors.
* Acts as the point of contact between the Vice Provost and internal/external colleagues. Interacts with senior staff members and with a wide array of University offices, faculty members, senior administrators, and representatives of national library associations, private foundations and corporations, and government agencies.
* Maintains schedule and manages Director's calendar, coordinates committee and other meetings, prepares agenda and meeting packets, and communicates with staff and faculty representatives in a timely way. Manages travel, conference attendance, awards, and special events arrangements and reimbursements for the Vice Provost.
* Support projects in various departments, such as Community Outreach, Liaison Services, and Advancement, by providing program development and project management support
* Supervise the Administrative Assistant in the Vice Provost's Office, including delegation of tasks, task management, and coordination of schedules to ensure the office is staffed at all times.
* Manage and coordinate all correspondence including typing, formatting, proofreading and editing. Assist with preparation of presentations.
* Record, prepare and distribute Administrative Council meeting minutes and other meetings, as needed
* Maintain files, records, basic archive management.
* Perform additional duties as assigned
Qualifications: High School diploma or GED and 5-7 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, are required. Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years' experience strongly preferred. Strong computer skills, including MS Office suite, required. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels. Ability to exercise discretion and judgment in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters. Excellent organizational skills required.
Reference Number: 50-29379
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: Library Director's Office
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: X-Secretarial/Administrative