Program Assistant I
Functional Areas: Student Affairs
Department: Department of Housing Technology Services
Requisition Number: 11562
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 20-Jul-2018
Housing Information Technology (HIT) welcomes applications for a Business Applications Administrator. This is a full-time, university staff position that serves as a primary administrator for business applications used in Housing & Dining Services. This position manages implementation and upgrades for business applications, and utilizes technical skills to develop solutions aligning user requirements, best practices, and expert judgment to meet the needs of the business.
This position supports multiple lines of business applications including Kx, TMA, ProCare, and PrinterLogic, among others. As a business applications administrator, this position manages service configurations, upgrades, and translates business requirements into technical specifications, implementing these specifications within the applications.
Using available resources, independent judgment, and working collaboratively with HIT colleagues, this position will support system configurations, maintain access control, data integration with other departmental and campus systems, and ad hoc reporting. The position will independently handle upgrades, stakeholder management, vendor relationships, and translate abstract user feedback into actionable steps which improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Who We Are
At Housing IT, we’re passionate about creating raving fans from our users through excellent customer service and highly available services. Our clients are the 500+ professional staff and 600+ students working in Housing & Dining Services. Being an auxiliary department, we enable staff to access the resources they need to sharpen skills and improve service delivery. With our nationally recognized virtualization stack and our private cloud, we’re comfortable with remote working and strive for a healthy work/life balance.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Administration and Maintenance of Business Applications
- Administration and management of application health and day-to-day systems operations that provides reliable access for users.
- Serve as backup for other business application administrators to ensure continuity of support for end users.
- Work continuously and collaboratively with HIT staff to ensure all application related areas and processes are shared, known, and demonstrated to provide redundancy in operational support. Essentially, this position is the first tier of system admin and support, working directly with vendors, end-users, and IT colleagues.
- Create, implement and maintain the policies, practices and procedures required to satisfy appropriate regulatory compliance (e.g. FERPA, PCI, GDPR).
- Technical liaison with vendor support orchestrating system upgrades, data integrity standards, and day-to-day support cases.
- Independently troubleshoot, document, and resolve problems, and coordinate vendor support in a timely manner for assigned products to ensure minimal downtime.
- Support training efforts individually and/or group sessions on application and device functionality.
- Recommend new technologies, system configurations, and business process changes to improve operations and customer service.
- Act as a liaison between departmental units and Housing IT.
Additional Server Administration
- Monitor and tune systems, proactively discerning system needs based on expert judgement and research.
- Assess security standards and ensure that workflows and data exchanges are handled according to recommended security practices.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $70,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Effective. Be Proactive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Technology or related field. Appropriate education and experience may be substituted for a degree on a year by year basis.
- Experience designing and leading software deployments and implementations.
- At least one year of experience managing business applications.
What You Will Need
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience in hand coding SQL queries.
- Experience managing and administering a Windows Server.
- Experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting sites in Internet Information Services (IIS).
- At least three years of experience administering software in an IT capacity.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer