Areas of Intereset: Information Technology - Security
Functional Areas: Office of Information Technology
Department: Office of Information Technology Administration (OIT)
Requisition Number: 11430
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 26-Jul-2018
The IT Security Office provides leadership for IT security development, project management for major IT security projects and coordination of campus security initiatives. This position assists with the following:
- Implementation of network security policy.
- Incident detection and response; data collection for incident.
- Internal investigations; and initial triage and automation of security events.
Who We Are
The IT Security Office (ITSO) provides strategic and tactical planning for a security framework applied to both the campus and OIT environment. The ITSO provides an information risk management (IRM) function to support a secure campus IT environment including discovery and recommendation of security solutions, and developing security policies, procedures and standards. The IRM function also includes planning, oversight, and coordination for data integrity and privacy, disaster recovery, network security, incident response, and policy enforcement activities.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
CU Boulder IT Security Incident Response Activities
- Assist with campus incident response activities including having initial triage of security events;developing automation tools to assist with response; and monitoring and administration of network intrusion detection systems; and analysis of incident response trends.
- Implement IT service providers intrusion detection and incident response requirements for their services. Assist in management of incident detection and monitoring systems including QRadar SEIM and Bro IDS.
CU Boulder IT Security Investigations Support
- This position supports the acquisition, archival and delivery of electronic files required by the University in response to legal, CORA, or other internal investigations requests.
Maintain Technical Awareness
- Maintain a technology watch for and awareness of security-related changes and developments in operating systems and computer hardware and software.
- Give security presentations and author security related documentation for general campus consumption.
- Develop, prepare for and provide computer security presentations and documentation to OIT staff, IT partners and campus individuals.
What We Can Offer
We offer a market-based, highly competitive salary based upon relevant background and experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Challenged. Be Innovative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- A combination of education and/or relevant experience may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
- 3 years of experience in security incident response and network security (including managing network firewalls or network intrusion detect systems).
What We Would Like You To Have
- Information technology security related certifications. (CISSP, SANS, etc.)
- Experience working with law enforcement agencies.
- Experience managing network authentication systems such as Impulse Point Safe Connect.
- Experience supporting security and incident management systems such as IBM Qradar.
- Experience managing incident detection systems such as BroIDS.
- Experience supporting Cisco and Juniper network security hardware.
- Experience supporting network security for research and higher education.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer