Areas of Intereset: Information Technology - Development, Architecture, Enterprise CRM
Functional Areas: Research Institutes and Labs
Department: Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES)
Requisition Number: 11685
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 25-Jul-2018
The Developer / DevOps Engineer will work with the CIRES IT team and associated stakeholders to develop and maintain internal business applications, as well as work closely with team members to streamline the current development environment.
Who We Are
CIRES is an internationally recognized leader in innovative environmental science and research at the University of Colorado Boulder. Partnering with NOAA and the University of Colorado Boulder, we work to understand the dynamic Earth system, including people’s relationship with the planet. Our areas of expertise include weather and climate, changes at the Earth’s poles, air quality and atmospheric chemistry, water resources, and solid Earth science. Our vision is to be instrumental in ensuring a sustainable future environment by advancing scientific and societal understanding of the Earth system. To learn more about CIRES, see our video at http://cires.colorado.edu/about.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Prepare, manage and deploy custom software created in-house.
- Create and Review MySQL Schemas including new tables and modification of current table.
- Create and review Class Diagrams and cross application communication.
- Track and manage bug reports for custom software.
- Provide both internal and external software documentation with high-code readability.
- Work with development team to encourage best practices for continuous delivery and configuration management and to identify missing tools and automation.
- Provide application support to all CIRES members via multiple communication paths.
- Help Desk, Email, Phone, In-person support.
What We Can Offer
We can offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Brilliant. Be Pioneering. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or Information Technology) or equivalent combination of education and work experience may be substituted on a year for year basis.
- 1+ years in building UI development that is intuitive, and working with users to meet UI/UX goals.
- Experience in developing code that meets current security standards.
- 1+ years in implementing software/hardware to accommodate business needs.
- Experience writing and optimizing MySQL Queries.
What You Will Need
- Ability to work well in teams and with end-users.
- Written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to provide both internal and external software documentation with high-code readability.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience with NoSQL or other unstructured database frameworks.
- Experience creating and deploying Docker containers.
- Advanced knowledge in Linux monitoring, troubleshooting and administration.
- Experience with programming/scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Java, Ruby, C. Experience in end-user training via both in-person and virtual training sessions.
- Experience in PHP, MySQL or like development environment.
- Experience in designing, implementing and managing a development and production environment with unit testing and automated deployment and versioning tools (GIT).
- Familiarity with BASH,CSH and common Linux Shells.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer