IT Business Analyst - HR
Areas of Intereset: Business/Management
Functional Areas: Office of Information Technology
Department: Office of Information Technology Administration (OIT)
Requisition Number: 11334
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 24-Jul-2018
The HR IT Business Analyst will support operations and implementation of processes and applications -- primarily Cornerstone Performance Management -- across various University departments. In this role you will collaborate primarily with end users to elicit requirements and provide Lean process mapping, performing gap analysis along the way. You may develop or modify procedures to solve problems, considering business objectives and desired results. You’ll need to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, including foremost diplomacy and inclusion, along with particularly strong customer skills as you support key stakeholders. You will be managing time and work effectively to meet tight deadlines. In addition, you’ll help troubleshoot system issues including root cause analysis while providing workarounds, and managing system defects.
It will be important for you to understand the business needs and objectives of the various HR departments, especially with regard to performance management, and determine what IT services and applications can/should be deployed to meet those needs and objectives. You’ll also be working collaboratively within OIT to ensure that campus IT architecture and services, and overall university context are appropriately considered at every step along the way.
Who We Are
OIT is a dynamic organization, filled with energetic staff and students who aim to serve the campus and contribute to student success while supporting the University’s academic, research and service missions. We’re located in the heart of the beautiful CU Boulder campus. See what OIT is all about by watching our This is OIT video.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Provide business analysis, functional and technical expertise – including developing requirements and specifications including process flow models, use cases or user stories, data models, and UML diagrams that fully communicate requirements and conditions of satisfaction. You will need to develop a thorough understanding of Cornerstone and its system capabilities from both a technical and functional perspective leading problem resolution efforts, troubleshooting activities and managing relationships while developing a thorough understanding of business needs and practices. It will be your job to lead HR stakeholders to the proposed future state.
- Monitor and manage multiple ongoing IT projects and services, ensuring they continue to meet the established objectives and business needs within the established budgets through a continual service improvement methodology. You’ll need to collaborate with HR leaders and staff to ensure that system configurations meet the business needs including leading problem resolution efforts and managing relationships and service level performance of service providers. You will need to thoroughly communicate the status of projects, report and track issues and enhancements. Work in collaboration with University Information Systems to ensure technical needs are executed in a timely manner and projects remain on track.
- Recommend solutions for IT services and systems by working with stakeholders to establish needs and objectives, performing analysis that considers the existing environment, the overall University business and technical environment, campus IT architecture, best practices from peer institutions and industry, and available technologies and services, then fully articulating and communicating solutions.
What You Should Know
NOTE: This is a 2-year appointment. While it may be the case that other positions become available or that the term of this position is extended, at the present time the position is only funded for 2 years.
What We Can Offer
Base salary for this position is market-based, highly competitive and based on relevant background and experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Strategic. Be Collaborative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or a combination of education and experience as detailed below may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis
- 3 years’ of IT Business Analyst experience that includes:
- Both the development of high level strategy, business cases and formal requirements specifications using methodologies and tools such as UML, flow charts, and data models
- Business analysis, process mapping, design of complex systems and processes, with a demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into solution requirements.
- 1 year of experience with general system configuration or developing an application
What We Would Like You To Have
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CCBA, CBAP, PMI-PBA).
- Experience in Higher Education
- Experience with Cornerstone Performance Management, PeopleSoft HCM9.2 or other relational database platform analysis/support/development
- Experience working with HR teams including Performance Management
- Adept with Visio for process mapping
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer