Administrative Assisttant II
Areas of Intereset: Business/Management
Functional Areas: Leeds School of Business
Department: Leeds School of Business
Requisition Number: 11549
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 16-Jul-2018
The Leeds School of Business is accepting applications for a Director, Recruitment & Scholarships. Reporting to the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Programs in the Leeds School of Business this position provides leadership and supervision to multiple areas including recruitment and scholarship programs. This position would implement and oversee recruitment, programming, travel, communication, and customer service for prospective students to the Leeds School of Business. This position would liaise with the Office of Admissions and Scholarships Services to create opportunities for applicants to the Leeds School of Business with the goal of matriculation and create and manage the Scholarship Programming for talented students, diverse students and Honors qualified students. This position is responsible for bringing in an increasingly competitive freshman class as defined by high school GPA and standardized test scores (ACT, SAT) and increasing the diversity of the school, specifically focusing on female recruitment and students of color. The position shall manage freshman enrollment and overall enrollment at the Leeds School of Business in conjunction with the Associate Dean.
Who We Are
Based in Boulder, Colorado, a hub for tech innovation and entrepreneurial activity, CU Leeds consistently ranks among the top business schools in the country. As part of the 18 most entrepreneurial universities in the nation according to Forbes, we approach each effort with the entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude that exemplifies the students, faculty and alumni of the Leeds School. It is exciting to see that our work has the potential of being highly influential, as business practices are redefined throughout the 21st century.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
The primary objective of this position is to lead the Leeds School of Business in generating an applicant pool and enrolling class that meets the college’s strategic needs in conjunction with the Office of Admissions. This position assists the Associate Dean in managing enrollment for the Leeds School of Business. Additional responsibilities include creating a comprehensive communications strategy for prospective students and their parents and other interested individuals and groups to explain the Leeds School of Business’s admission and scholarship policies and procedures and to answer questions on academic programs and campus life within Leeds. Create college admission and scholarship standards, policies, and regulations to credentials of prospective students at all application levels. This position manages one direct full-time staff and indirectly manages another staff members in their work on recruitment. This position leads the scholarship strategy for the Leeds School of Business by designing scholarships to further recruitment and retention.
- Provide strategic direction for the Office of Recruitment and Scholarships including developing and Develop and execute programming and communications to focus on juniors and seniors, as well as family members.
- Provide leadership and supervision for the Office of Recruitment and Scholarships including recruitment employees, interns, and Leeds staff and faculty who participate in recruitment activities. This also includes oversight of the Leeds Ambassadors, which is a student volunteer program of academically successful current students who provide tours of Leeds, program support both within Leeds and throughout campus, and when feasible, meet with prospective students.
- Coordinate with admission counselors and staff to assure that targeted recruitment efforts are understood and integrated into communications, events, and travel.
- Coordinate with talented scholar programs like Leeds Scholars and Honors on program design and implementation. Responsible for recruiting students into these and other programs at Leeds.
- Coordinate with Development Office to raise funds for scholarships and other recruitment related programs.
- Coordinate with the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services to create and establish scholarship policies, application, and awarding criteria.
- Regular travel for in state and out of state recruitment.
What We Can Offer
Salary is commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Collaborative. Be Inclusive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or related field.
- Three years of work in higher education, with preference given to admission experience.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple organizations or projects.
What You Will Need
- Possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills, confident and effective public speaking and written communications skills, has to be able to work effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Must be flexible, handle a demanding work schedule, and be able to work independently within a team management structure.
- Team player.
- Requires some evening and weekend commitments.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Master’s Degree in student affairs, higher education, business or related field.
- Five years of work in higher education, with preference given to admission or enrollment management experience.
- Experience in managing students and professional staff.
- Experience in recruitment of business, honors/high achieving, and underrepresented student populations.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer