Areas of Intereset: Athletics
Functional Areas: Athletics
Department: Athletics Department - Student Services
Requisition Number: 11600
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 15-Jul-2018
The Athletics Department is welcoming applications for a Tutor Coordinator. The tutor coordinator provides overall academic support to the Mission of the Herbst Academic Center. Coordinates the tutoring program which includes hiring, training, and supervising a staff of up to 125 student workers and nine-month temporary positions. Coordinates with the Herbst Academic Center staff, student-athletes, and tutors to schedule the subject/course tutoring provided to student-athletes in a professional and collaborative work environment. Regularly tracks and reports on the tutoring program, including the budget. Monitors the payroll of all subject tutors.
Who We Are
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region—our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff and students work with the broader community to establish unique connections that have lasting outcomes—both across Colorado and around the world.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Coordinate day-to-day operations of the Tutor Program by developing schedules, processing appointment changes and requests, assigning and monitoring tutor sessions, resolving operations problems, and creating and delivering daily reports.
- Work collaboratively with Academic Coordinators, Mentors, and Learning Specialists to schedule sessions to meet the needs of students.
- Approve and monitor Tutor Program expenditures and tutor timesheets ensuring that budget allocations are not overspent.
- Control expenses by gathering and submitting budget information, scheduling expenditures, approving staff timesheets, monitoring variances, implementing corrective actions, and identifying cost savings when possible.
- Maintain up-to-date tutor training manuals and adjust policies and procedures as needed.
- Organize and implement review sessions throughout each term.
Hire, train, and supervise tutoring staff.
- Identify and recruit new tutors from all academic disciplines to fulfill tutor requests.
- Conduct interviews, make hiring decisions, and manage on-boarding process of new staff members.
- Develop and administer on-going trainings to tutor staff on University of Colorado and NCAA policies, procedures, and specifications.
- Supervise and develop tutoring staff and report on tutor performance.
Utilize tutor capabilities of GradesFirst software program.
- Become an expert with the product, including but not limited to uploads, reporting, and campaigns.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated starting salary is $48,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Ambitious. Be Empowered. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree in education or comparable field.
- Two years of experience in teaching, student assessment, managing staff, and/or administrative or managerial role for academic support services, tutoring programs, and/or higher education.
What You Will Need
- Successfully manage high volume scheduling responsibilities, interruptions, a large and diverse staff and conflict.
- Bring a developmental learning mentality to the staff, students and themselves as well as a strong sense of ethics.
- Balance the needs of student-athletes, Herbst Academic Center staff, tutors and self.
- Understand and be committed to working with and within the athletics environment, first generation college students, non-first generation college students, underrepresented students, students with learning disabilities/ADHD and academic preparation deficiencies, and high achieving students.
- Practice cultural competence and professional maturity.
- Have knowledge of NCAA rules.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Advanced degree in Education or comparable field.
- Two years of experience with NCAA rules compliance.
- Experience tutoring/mentoring and/or teaching student-athletes, preferably at a Division I program.
- Work in administrative or managerial role for academic support services and/or tutor program at the post-secondary level.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer