Areas of Intereset: Healthcare
Functional Areas: Research & Innovation Office
Department: Clinical Translational Research Center
Requisition Number: 11640
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 15-Jul-2018
The Nurse I position will provide clinical nursing services to research projects under the CTRC.
Who We Are
The CTRC is a support center for faculty involved in clinical research. We provide resources to facilitate a safe environment for human biomedical research. We are here to help you take your research from the bench to the bedside.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Provide direct research protocol support, including intravenous catheter placement, EGG recordings and interpretation, conventional and ambulatory blood pressure measurements, drug infusions, assist with tissue biopsies, and central venous and arterial line maintenance.
- Conduct systematic and continuous assessment of research subjects’ health status from admission to discharge.
- Maintain proper records associated with research protocol support and subject records.
- Review research protocols to determine the procedures required for each protocol.
What We Can Offer
The starting annual salary is $61,956.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Impactful. Be Adaptable. Be Boulder.
What We Require
Valid Registered Nurse License from the State of Colorado or any state participating in the Nurse Licensure Compact.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Candidates must have strong IV skills.
- Must have 3 years critical care background.
- Must have current ACLS Certification.
- Human subjects undergoing experiments at the CTRC may experience heart problems, due to the types of tests they will undergo (Le. treadmill test). Therefore the nursing staff must be trained to be able to handle these situations.
- Familiarity with Institutional Review Board Regulations.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer