Professional Research Asst
Areas of Intereset: Administrative Support
Functional Areas: Leeds School of Business
Department: Leeds School of Business
Requisition Number: 11689
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: Classified Staff
Posting Close Date: 24-Jul-2018
The Leeds School of Business is now accepting applications for a Business Core Administrative Assistant. Overall administrative support for the two-year business core curriculum including, but not limited to, exam room scheduling, course management system set up and maintenance, hiring exam proctors, coordinating textbook orders with faculty, publishers, and CU bookstore, lecture capture posting, team formation, team event scheduling, and administration of AAACSB measures of assurance of learning assessment.
Who We Are
Based in Boulder, Colorado, a hub for tech innovation and entrepreneurial activity, CU Leeds consistently ranks among the top business schools in the country. As part of the #18 most entrepreneurial universities in the nation according to Forbes, we approach each effort with the entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude that exemplifies the students, faculty and alumni of the Leeds School. It is exciting to see that our work has the potential of being highly influential, as business practices are redefined throughout the 21st century.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Regular, Accommodations and Make-up Exams Logistics
- Schedule all exams, accommodations and alternate exams.
- Book rooms for exams and accommodations exams.
- Arrange logistics for students needing accommodations.
- Point person on measurement of AACSB assurance of learning.
Leeds Undergraduate Scheduling
- Support faculty director, undergraduate office, and division chairs in projecting enrollments, scheduling BCOR classes and identifying faculty to teach those classes.
- Work with the office of the Associate Dean of Undergraduate affairs to plan future enrollment and the corresponding impact on BCOR scheduling.
Onboarding New Faculty In Program
- Schedule meetings with Faculty to coordinate materials/delivery/teaching.
- Assist new faculty in on-boarding.
Inclusive Access Coordinator
- Work directly with Office of Diversity, Equity and Community Engagement - ODECE to insure inclusive access to all curriculum/ course materials to ensure that our course is delivered in compliance with ADA accommodations.
- Develop list of accessibility improvements to be made per ODECE's suggestions.
- Solicit TA/student assistants to translate materials into accessible formats.
- Assist in TA hiring and oversight.
- Supervise TA/student assistants in the same.
- Coordinate with Faculty Support over the summer to secure proctors.
- Administer Google Sign Up Sheet for proctor sign-ups for all exam.
- Coordinate with Faculty Support one week prior to all exams to send reminder emails to proctors to ensure we have coverage.
- Serve as "Point of Contact" for all proctors should issues arise, including evening exams.
Course Admin and Learning Management System Admin
- Create and maintain course materials shared drives for program content/curriculum.
- Coordinate of single sets of syllabus, projects, exams, reading calendar, assignment calendar, pre-read materials, posting course materials, posting projects and other assessments, posting grades, team admin, etc.
- Integrate career development, business writing and team coaching elements.
Faculty Support Duties
- Duties as assigned.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated starting salary is $42,336.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Engaged. Be Inclusive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Three years of general clerical experience. Substitution: appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Must be a Colorado resident to apply.
What You Will Need
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Motivated, proactive, and self-starting.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow departmental policies and guidelines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite especially Excel.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Familiarity with and experience working at the University of Colorado or another college or university.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in business or a related field.
- Microsoft Office Suite Experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to [email protected] or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer