Assistant Director of Development - Generalist and Centers-Focused
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Advancement
Assistant Director of Development - Generalist and Centers-Focused
Position #750092 - Requisition 14167
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Office of Advancement has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Assistant Director of Development position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Works to cultivate existing and new donor relationships (i.e.: through thank you calls, prospecting/cold calls, discovery visits, stewardship touches, etc.) with the intent of sustaining and increasing the relationship with donors and prospects on behalf of and in support of the CU Anschutz Medical Campus. The donor and prospect pool is comprised of CU Anschutz alumni, grateful patients and/or their loved ones/families, leadership volunteers, CU Anschutz faculty and community members.
- Collaborates with other center based and generalist development officers in support of key priorities, with a focus on grateful patients, the Center for Bioethics and Humanities and the Gates Center for Regenerative Medicine in the first year.
- Works closely with CU Anschutz Medical Campus Major Gift Officers, Internal Directors of Development, the Lead Strategist for Patient Engagement, donor relations staff and appropriate Central Office staff (i.e.: Gifting Planning, Annual Giving, etc.) to develop and implement fundraising strategies in order to meet established goals and objectives.
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding of institutional priorities, academic programs, and centers of excellence in order to translate these assets into compelling funding opportunities and align them with funders' interests.
- Facilitates productive relationships between donors and CU administrators, faculty and staff to ensure effectiveness of programs.
- Works to ensure timely, accurate completion of proposals, pledges and fund agreements. Documents prospect strategies and contact reports, evaluates new prospects, implements general correspondence to solicit and steward leadership gift prospects and cultivate major gift prospects.
- Represents the University at events in order to support the University and cultivate donors.
- Periodically serves in a supporting role with faculty to monitor developing opportunities that are aligned with a destination academic medical center.
- Develops and manages a portfolio of a minimum of 100 individual, corporate and foundation prospects capable of making significant gifts leadership annual gifts (i.e.: $1,000-$24,999). Goals relating to personal contacts, number of proposed gifts, and prospect identification to be set with and approved by management.
- And various other duties or tasks as assigned and/or needed.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary range for this position is commensurate with skills and experience and expected to be $60,000 to $70,000.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3-5 years of combined professional experience in fundraising, sales, events, public relations, or a related field.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to travel periodically.
- 1-3 years of experience in leadership giving and/or major gifts.
- Previous track record in securing charitable gifts in the $1,000 through $24,999 range.
- Experience with stewardship and/or cultivation.
- Experience working in a healthcare and/or higher education environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Strong development skills including comfort with cold calling, leading effective one-on-one visits, and utilizing multiple modes of communication to achieve results.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to be both proactive and responsive in a metrics driven environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive information discretely and maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility and adaptability to evolve in an emerging and changing environment.
- Personal computer proficiency, especially Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; and EllucianAdvance.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Sheri Kalina Jungman at [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by July 27, 2018. Those who do not apply by July 27th may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Development
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21560 - ADM-EVC Foundation Anschutz
Posting Date: Jul 13, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sheri Kalina Jungman
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00750090