Retail Services Supervisor - temporary upgrade (99710)
Retail Services Supervisor (Temporary Upgrade)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Under direction, to manage the business and personnel activities of a retail service operation.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. organizes and supervises the work activities of assigned personnel; including hiring, training, assigning work, and evaluating work performance
2. schedules employees under supervision to ensure the retail operation is adequately staffed during hours of operation
3. projects supply needs and orders as necessary, determining quantity, product brands, and ordering schedules
4. prepares daily sales reports and other financial reports as required
5. reviews and approves expenditures and approves purchase requisitions for merchandise and applicable services
6. consults with vendors concerning bids, products, product evaluations, and services available
7. investigates and resolves user or vendor billing problems and approves deviations form operational policy
This posting is for current permanent University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign employees who are working in the Retail Sales Associate promotional line at the Illini Union, are interested in a temporary upgrade, and are not currently active on the register for this classification.
1. any one or any combination of the following types of preparation:
(a) credit for college course work leading to a major in business administration, retail management, or a related field
(b) credit for college course work leading to a major in a field other than those listed in "a"
(c) experience assisting in the management of retail service operations
(d) responsible experience in business administration or management or a closely related field
that totals 1.0 unit according to the following conversion rates:
120 semester hours (or Bachelor's degree) of "a" = 1.0 unit
120 semester hours (or Bachelor's degree) of "b" = .75 unit maximum
three years of "c"= 1.0 unit
four years of "d" = 1.0 unit
Amounts of training or experience less than those listed above should be converted to decimal equivalents of 1.0 unit and added together when computing combinations of the different types of preparation.
For more information about this classification:
This Retail Services Supervisor posting is for a temporary upgrade for Illini Union employees currently working in the promotional line. The work schedule and minimum salary are to be determined.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Retail Services Supervisor (Temporary Upgrade). Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Illini Union
Category: 7-Service Operations
Title: Retail Services Supervisor - temporary upgrade (99710)
Open Date: 07/13/2018
Close Date: 07/18/2018
Organization Name: Illini Union-Oper