Computer Systems Engineer
Working Title: Computer Systems Engineer
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Information Technology Services
Posting Date: 07-12-2018
The University of Virginia's Information Technology Services is looking for a Computer Service Engineer to help support the Enterprise Infrastructure team and administer all aspects of a distributed computer system supporting a specified functional area of university operations.
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
Plan and coordinate system utilization, system upgrades, system security, and perform growth analysis and capacity planning. Develop scripts to automate and manage system processes and performance. Investigate and solve system administration and client/server or application performance problems. Perform application installation, maintenance, training, and user support, as required.
The successful candidate will be required to have the following experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or related disciplines.
- Experience with enterprise system administration and support.
- Experience with understanding and ability to meet server operational requirements and need.
- Experience with Windows 2008/2012 R2 and Active Directory. Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, SQL and Lync.
- System Center Applications, specifically Operations Manager and Configuration Manager though experience with orchestrator would be considered a plus. Understanding and experience with PowerShell will also be considered a bonus.
This is a three (3) year limit term position ending on June 30, 2021 with the possibility of extension if funding is available
To apply, visit http://jobs.virginia.edu and search on Posting Number 0623647. Complete an application, attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references. If you have any questions about the position please contact Chris Black at email@example.com
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The University of Virginia values diversity in all of its complexity and richness.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to troubleshoot and support customer issues and requests. Ability to communicate high level complex technical instructions to a generalist audience both verbally and in writing. Able to support customers across many Microsoft applications as well as ability to learn and offer support for in house applications.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=85029